Is it possible to bottle glitch the Cucco that Malon gives you?

#1HoTTeD32Posted 12/24/2012 12:38:43 PM
Master Quest but I'm sure that's not important.
I had always blindly assumed that the Cucco that Malon gives you disappeared from your inventory as soon as you wake Talon up with it. Guess not! However, I probably never checked because you don't need to use your inventory at all while sneaking into the castle. I got the first bottle from Anju in Kakariko Village before I came here. When does the chicken leave your inventory and is it okay to turn it into a bottle before it does? Thanks.
---
I like: Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, Namco Bandai; RTFP! DON'T SAY EIGHT, TWOFLOWER!
Semantic nonsense! -Arvis, Final Fantasy VI Advance
#2HoTTeD32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 12:42:33 PM
Woops. Also if anybody can tell me the maximum number of bottles you can have including glitched ones under the condition that you cans still get a complete inventory of FUNCTIONAL items, plus some details. Also, since everything gets switched around on a grid-looking inventory screen, is there really a difference between real bottles and glitch bottles in this version of the game, mostly if fairies work? Including that silly glitch where only Adult or Young Link can use bottles derived from certain items?
---
I like: Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, Namco Bandai; RTFP! DON'T SAY EIGHT, TWOFLOWER!
#3NintendoerPosted 12/24/2012 2:51:52 PM
The cucco gets replaced with Zelda's Letter, so it would be pointless to turn it into a bottle.

Also, it's impossible (as far as I know, anyway) to turn it into a bottle in the 3DS version. You can only turn consumable items (or items that use magic) into bottles.

Therefore, assuming you don't care about deku nuts, deku sticks (after using them for everything you need), Farore's Wind, or Nayru's Love, you can have up to 8 bottles.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure glitched bottles are no different than regular bottles (don't quote me on that, though). However, if you turn a consumable item into a bottle, it can be converted back by getting that item. (For example, you turn deku nuts into a bottle. It will be turned back if you collect some deku nuts.)
---
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
#4HoTTeD32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 3:13:52 PM
Thanks for letting me know!
---
#5bcorneliaPosted 12/24/2012 6:54:42 PM(edited)
Nintendoer posted...
Also, it's impossible (as far as I know, anyway) to turn it into a bottle in the 3DS version. You can only turn consumable items (or items that use magic) into bottles.

Wrong. Did you not even read my post back in this thread?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/63962849

The cucco/letter/masks would count as child trade items, so you would need a Blue Potion on II to dupe that item slot into a bottle.

Also, fairies won't revive you if they're from a bottle that was duped over a non-bottle slot. Regaining functionality for an item by collecting its ammo doesn't always work either. Deku Nuts work, I think, and maybe even Deku Sticks, but I seem to remember having no luck with bombs.
---
My old account got better.
#6NintendoerPosted 12/24/2012 7:11:11 PM(edited)
bcornelia posted...
Nintendoer posted...

Wrong. Did you not even read my post back in this thread?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/63962849

The cucco/letter/masks would count as child trade items, so you would need a Blue Potion on II to dupe that item slot into a bottle.

Also, fairies won't revive you if they're from a bottle that was duped over a non-bottle slot. Regaining functionality for an item by collecting its ammo doesn't always work either. Deku Nuts work, I think, and maybe even Deku Sticks, but I seem to remember having no luck with bombs.

Well, sorry I forgot about that method; I didn't realize I was supposed to remember everything I read. That's why I said as far as I know. >_>

EDIT: Also, I've never tried it with bombs, so I couldn't tell you if collecting supplies works with it.
---
#7bcorneliaPosted 12/24/2012 7:26:33 PM
The transition from "this is impossible" to "this is possible" is something that I would think would be memorable. Cut the crap.
---
My old account got better.
#8NintendoerPosted 12/24/2012 7:33:29 PM
bcornelia posted...
The transition from "this is impossible" to "this is possible" is something that I would think would be memorable. Cut the crap.

Someone in a bad mood today? I've given my reasons, it's you're fault if you choose not to believe them.

And for the record, I remembered reading the topic after you gave the link to it. I didn't find it that memorable since it was a minor variation of an already well-known trick. Get over it.
---