Rate: Ocarina of Time 3D

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#1

+Worthy port of one of the greatest games of all time
+Enhanced, beautiful textures
+Wonderful use of the 3D effect
+Master Quest included with increased difficulty
+Mild script changes ("fine lad" instead of "cute kid." o O)

-Lack of reward for finishing boss rush mode
-If you're nitpicking, you notice only the textures have been enhanced; the lighting and animation effects still don't come close to GameCube level

People call it a remake, but it's about as much of a remake as this is:

as opposed to:

Not saying that's a bad thing, but if GREZZO wasn't just trying to play the safe route and added more content to the game, I would have given it a higher score. That's one thing I liked about Super Mario 64 DS; new boss battles and new stages.
3 years ago#2
i love this site
black 2 fc 3182 4431 4575
3 years ago#3
3 years ago#4
I gave it a 10 since they took a game that I feel is a 10 and made it even better without compromising anything that was important to me from the original.
3 years ago#5
having played it on the N64. i'd give this one a 10/10 :)
3 years ago#6

I think most people like it.

Topics archived, I know. I'm just saying. :p

Also, I already posted a review for this game. Same score I put there.
Gaming is going to die again.
3 years ago#7

I don't care about graphics improvement or texture and lighting improvements. Just controls and convenience and this remake/port or whatever you want to call it made me want to play OoT more. I don't know if OoT can still be considered the best game ever (I don't think we can all unanimously agree on something better) but I do know this deserves a 10/10 like the original.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
3 years ago#8

The only thing keeping it from a perfect 10 is that at heart it's the same old OoT I've been playing for over a decade now, for the most part there's no BIG surprises story-wise. It would have been nice if they would have interwoven a new sub-story into the game, or some new twist or revelation pertinent to the Zelda universe, but it's still good, it's nice to see one of my all-time favorites polished up and done right. 9 is a GOOD score, most games I rate 9 and over are the ones I return to over and over no matter how old they get.
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
3 years ago#9
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
3 years ago#10
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
-If you're nitpicking, you notice only the textures have been enhanced; the lighting and animation effects still don't come close to GameCube level

The lighting is improved and the cosmetic changes go beyond merely updated textures.
My old account got better.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived