Entering Jabu Jabu without the fish?

#1KazuoMitarashiPosted 2/1/2013 6:58:59 PM
I'm trying to run through with minimal items, specifically no bottles as well. I know the only times you need a bottle in the game is with Princess Ruto's letter for King Zora to move and then to drop a fish for Jabu to open. With the Triple Slash Clip, you can get past King Zora without the letter. Cool stuff, but is there anyway to clip into Jabu without the fish to eliminate needing a bottle?

I know about jump slashing into him in the 64 version but I don't believe that works in the 3D version.
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi / Currently Playing:
AC3 (3rd Prestige), Borderlands 2 (Siren), DmC, SSBB, Zelda, and Halo 4
#2Yo_D_oYPosted 2/1/2013 11:06:44 PM
Nope unless you find a new way.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/routes/all-dungeons-ng
---
Currently playing: LoZ 3D, Ace Attorney, GS:DD
Waiting for: KH3D, Animal Crossing 3D, Zero Escape: VLR
#3Czar_YoshiPosted 2/2/2013 2:26:49 AM(edited)
It's technically possible to complete all the dungeons without getting a bottle, but very hard and complicated.

You need to start with NG+ hammer, get loads of Hearts and get Bombs and FW. Then, enter the Fire Temple as a child, beat Volvagia, and Wrong Warp to the Ganondorf cutscene to become an adult without getting the spiritual stones. Go back to Zora's fountain as an adult, and it's possible to reach the loading zone to Jabu from here.

If you're merely trying to avoid picking up a bottle (low%), you could also start with NG+ Bottle, RBA Deku Nuts to get a bottle there that you can use for Jabu, and then either turn them back to nuts for Gohma or do Gohma first and keep the bottle.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#4KazuoMitarashi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:16:50 AM
You guys are over complicating this. XD I actually was only hoping a near legitimate playthrough with only minor glitches such as King Zora skip to remove need of a bottle and blue scale.. I'm not getting Lens of Truth or fire arrows or Deku nuts because those items can be avoided in a normal 3 heart run. I was trying to see if I could avoid a bottle as well.

The only real issue I would probably face without a bottle is the lack of getting a Zora Tunic for the water temple (I'm not getting skulltallas either so buying it for 200 rupees is out of the question). But I'm sure it's easily possible if you can move fast enough.

I don't want to enter Volvagia as a child or anything crazy like that lol.
---
PSN: KazuoMitarashi / Currently Playing:
AC3 (3rd Prestige), Borderlands 2 (Siren), DmC, SSBB, Zelda, and Halo 4
#5bcorneliaPosted 2/2/2013 1:26:30 PM
KazuoMitarashi posted...
You guys are over complicating this. XD I actually was only hoping a near legitimate playthrough with only minor glitches such as King Zora skip to remove need of a bottle and blue scale.. I don't want to enter Volvagia as a child or anything crazy like that lol.

I'm pretty sure you're out of luck, then. I don't believe a simple jabu clip has been discovered (and not for lack of effort/interest).
---
My old account got better.
#6NintendoerPosted 2/2/2013 3:15:41 PM
KazuoMitarashi posted...

I sure hope not. That would be crazy to do even as an adult! o_0

Anyway, like others have said, there's no simple way to get inside without a bottle.
---
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
#7FredCat07Posted 2/5/2013 7:30:02 PM
Nintendoer posted...
KazuoMitarashi posted...

Anyway, like others have said, there's no simple way to get inside without a bottle.

Second'd, you can't surviving the battle without Red Tunic....
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#8NintendoerPosted 2/5/2013 8:35:25 PM
FredCat07 posted...
Nintendoer posted...
KazuoMitarashi posted...

Second'd, you can't surviving the battle without Red Tunic....

I...think you misunderstood me. He said go inside Volvagia. =P

By the way, you can survive that battle without the Goron Tunic if you have sufficient hearts. Heck, you can do it even if you have three hearts and a fairy.
---
Official Nintendoer of...whatever board I decide to post in.
#9helldewPosted 2/9/2013 4:44:31 PM
Ironically he wouldnt have a bottle for a fairy lol.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.