donkey kong country returns 2

#1lynnfryPosted 1/17/2013 7:23:34 AM
here's what the story line could be

after doing battle with the tikis from dkcr for wii dk went home to his treehut for a well deserved rest just then a massive earthquake shook dk island and dks banana hoard fell underground. When dk woke up from the earthquake he went to check on his hoard he fell underground and the tikis captured him. Later on diddy kong and dixie kong went to see dk and noticed that he wasn't home and nither was his banana hoard and thus starts the new donkey kong adventure
where you play as diddy and dixie

features:

2 player: co-op or contest

team up moves

unlock minigames as you play

unlock dk medals for your achievements ( EG. stomping on 3 enemy's in a row)
#2superpikminbro7Posted 2/6/2013 2:51:12 AM
sound's good to me
but i do think it's a lot like dkc2
which would be awesome :D

i would love to see it
---
bronies are f***ing stupid that is a fact
pikmin is awesome that is a fact :D
#3nintendo3000Posted 2/14/2013 7:54:51 AM
Wait, there's still no King K. Rool?
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#4ChaaxisPosted 2/15/2013 8:52:46 AM
Yeah, probably because Rare owns that character...
---
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
#5gransPosted 2/15/2013 9:11:17 AM

They don't. Nintendo owns DKC and all the characters in it including the Kremlings and K Rool. They've also made numerous games with the kremlings and K Rool without Rare's input or permission. In fact, DKC Returns is apparently one of the few DK related games that K Rool and the kremlings weren't in. They've been in several Nintendo sports games and the King of Swing and Jungle Climber games on GBA and DS. Believe they're also present in Barrel Blast and Donkey Konga.

There's a list of games K Rool and kremlings have appeared in here-
http://www.mariowiki.com/King_K._Rool
http://www.mariowiki.com/Kritter

The decision not to include the Kremlings in DKC Returns is intentional. They had the legal rights to include them but chose not to.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6BringerOfPiePosted 2/15/2013 9:20:46 AM
We've been explaining why Rare doesn't own the Kremlings for a full decade now. We're probably gonna keep having to do it for another few decades.
#7marcusantonyPosted 2/15/2013 12:23:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8ChaaxisPosted 2/15/2013 2:17:51 PM
grans posted...

They don't. Nintendo owns DKC and all the characters in it including the Kremlings and K Rool. They've also made numerous games with the kremlings and K Rool without Rare's input or permission. In fact, DKC Returns is apparently one of the few DK related games that K Rool and the kremlings weren't in. They've been in several Nintendo sports games and the King of Swing and Jungle Climber games on GBA and DS. Believe they're also present in Barrel Blast and Donkey Konga.

There's a list of games K Rool and kremlings have appeared in here-
http://www.mariowiki.com/King_K._Rool
http://www.mariowiki.com/Kritter

The decision not to include the Kremlings in DKC Returns is intentional. They had the legal rights to include them but chose not to.

Oh, well then. Sorry for my ignorance.
---
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
#9GohansephirothPosted 2/15/2013 3:14:18 PM
I doubt Nintendo would ever shove dk to the side like rare did back then, I'd say if anyone is switched out it would be diddy.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#10Oni_TaedoPosted 2/20/2013 10:29:30 PM
marcusantony posted...
This can be perfect DKCR2 story

Following the events of previous game, the Kremlings have mysteriously disappeared. DK came out of his house, fearing worried that they may show up to steal his banana hoard again and is kidnapped also, has moved his bananas to an ocean cave beneath a large cliff. Diddy and Dixie volunteer to check on the hoard every now and then.

However, during a routine check-up, a subterranean volcano errupts, nearly resulting in their deaths. They escape from the inferno to find, to their horror, that a pirate ship has docked in the cave. Dozens of Kremlings have already disembarked onto the island, for reasons unknown.

Diddy and Dixie follow the Kremlings and discover that the volcano errupted due to the seismic activity caused by the activation of a strange chamber under the sea. And the activation of more chambers are to follow, which would reignite an age-old war.

Playable Characters

Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

Main villain

Konqueror K. Rool (King K. Rool dressed as a Konqueror)

Wait... can the final boss theme be vaguely similar to the main theme from Conan the Barbarian? And can K.Rool be waving around a large sword?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.