what if they keep the waggle?

#1TastyKittyMMMMPosted 2/26/2013 9:20:54 AM
What if they make the 3DS's motion sensor do the same thing?

NOOOOOOOO
#2IngSlayerPosted 2/26/2013 10:50:07 AM
And give my 3DS whiplash?

No thanks.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#3gransPosted 2/26/2013 12:39:09 PM
What if you looked at the trailer and saw that they're now using the X button in place of the shake mechanic (an onscreen button prompt now being shown to tell you to tap the X button instead of shaking the wiimote)?

YAYYYYYYY
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 12:54:03 PM
What if the X button were $10 DLC

actually that would be hilarious
#5metroidhunterxPosted 2/27/2013 11:55:03 PM
If the game was from Capcom, I could easily see that happening. I could also see the DLC being a simple unlock code that unlocks the already existing function in-game, since that's just Capcom's style.
#6metroidhunterxPosted 2/27/2013 11:56:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7imameliaPosted 3/7/2013 4:52:57 PM
Well, I haven't seen much of the game, but...while it's definitely good that they seem to be getting rid of the motion controls, I hope they don't simply substitute one button for all three moves that required shaking in the original game. Come on, they still have the A, L, and R buttons, right? Not to mention they could just use Y for rolling...you know, like the original trilogy did. There's also the fact that the blowing and rolling moves really should just involve holding down the button instead of mashing it (pounding as well, perhaps, but there mashing at least makes a bit more sense). Still, though, whatever control scheme they come up with, it will almost certainly be better than the motion controls.
#8metroidhunterxPosted 3/7/2013 7:23:44 PM
My real concern is some people that hacked their Wiis in order to bypass motion control said that having a button to control when you roll was almost worse, because the roll has so much more momentum in DKCR than the original 3 games. If they mix the run button and the roll button into one thing, it could get a little hairy. I've never experienced it myself, so I don't know. Maybe it's not an issue, or maybe if it is, they're aware of it, and are making it more suitable for this control scheme.
#9gransPosted 3/8/2013 2:39:47 AM(edited)
I've not seen anyone that modified the game to allow button rolling say it was worse. The shake controls are hated by a large portion of players from everything i've seen and people who modded it to use buttons preferred that method. Rolling does indeed have a lot more momentum and feels very different from the original trilogy but that shouldn't make any difference whether it's shaking or pressing a button. Pressing a button is just a more precise control method in this case.

Running was completely automatic when you used an analog stick in DKC Returns, you just use the analog stick's variable range to determine whether you run or walk. If you used sideways Wiimote mode without the nunchuck, THEN run was mapped to a button. But it was still separated from rolling. It's probable that the default control scheme will likely be automatic running with the analog stick. If they allow an alternative scheme with the dpad and holding another button to run, a shoulder button would be a good idea. That's how Rayman Origin did it.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#10LilMajerCartunePosted 3/15/2013 7:20:43 AM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
What if the X button were $10 DLC

actually that would be hilarious

LOL!!!
---
"I'm not a nerd, I just Google a lot." - David "Lil Majer" Prunty