Linking your PSN account to your Steam ID F.A.Q. (Please Sticky)

1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. Linking your PSN account to your Steam ID F.A.Q. (Please Sticky)
5 years ago#41
Kyra-Kotsu posted...
I know this has been answered but I just want to make sure before I redeem anything. To play co-op with only one copy you need to use a separate PSN account, correct? You can't have one account playing PS3 and PC together?

Yes, you'll need to use a different PSN account. If you're attempting to give the game to a family member or something you should definitely make them their own PSN account and keep yours to yourself.
Signature seized by Cryptospuridium.
~R.I.P.
5 years ago#42
Well, I can't do anything. "PSN Server Down for Maintenance."

What, again? Anybody else getting this?
"Spine-tingling legal action! Mind numbing legalese! You will say 'wow'!" --Maya Fey
www.platypuscomix.net
I'm having issues trying to connect as well. My internet connection is just fine since I can go online with every other device. But most of the time I'll get 'Playstation Network Timed Out', 'Signed out of Playstation Network, or the 'Error 8002A534.'

What can I do about this? I cannot find mention of that error in the Steam forums.
Canya a l'Europa del capital!
5 years ago#44
I think I screwed something up in the process, lol.

I had the game since launch and didn't actually attempt to do anything with the voucher until now.
I did, however, play online a few weeks ago. I don't remember what I did, but from this sticky, I assume Steam created an account based on my existing PSN info (ie, Username and e-mail address).

Anyway, when I finally tried to do everything Steam-related on my PC, such as installing the program itself, I went and created a new account (because I forgot that Portal 2 PS3 would create one for me), using the exact same username and e-mail address my PS3 game would've created anyway. And yes, the Steam site allowed me to do this.

Now, I can't link them together at all, because the system seems to think they're two separate accounts, despite having the same e-mail address and username. I can even add my PC-created account to my PS3 account's friendslist in Portal 2 on the PS3. My PC account won't let me use the voucher code because that particular account wasn't created on the PS3. I can redeem the code on my PS3.

Yeah, I think I screwed something up here, lol. Suggestions?
"I dreamt that I was a 'Genie-Firefighter'! I fought fires and granted wishes!"
5 years ago#45
When signing onto Steam it has a button for "first login for PSN account users" or something like that. Did you do that??
5 years ago#46
So is the one time use code provided on a piece of paper in the box for the game? I am thinking of buying this used on Gamefly but on Gamefly they say they include any special codes since they are never used by people who rent the game. I want to make sure I'll be able to get the Steam access if I buy it from them. Thanks.
The Dear Hunter - Complete Color Spectrum - 9 EPs; 36 songs; 2 1/2 hours of musical genius. Check it out!
(message deleted)
4 years ago#48
i have an issue, whenever i enter the activation code on my OSX steam app it says the item is already been redeemed, i bought this game brand new.
4 years ago#49
CloudDS posted...
i have an issue, whenever i enter the activation code on my OSX steam app it says the item is already been redeemed, i bought this game brand new.

I'd try emailing Steam about it, they might be able to help you out.
Phineas and Ferb forum, yo!
http://thefiresidegirls.com/phpbb/index.php
4 years ago#50
WOW, i sent them a message, after confirming that i purchased the game, they added portal 2 to my steam account.
those guys are awesome!!
  1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. Linking your PSN account to your Steam ID F.A.Q. (Please Sticky)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.