How to do 2-player splitscreen online

#1skulldragon3200Posted 2/19/2012 4:43:31 PM
Ok, so my friend and I are trying to do split screen online, and when I go that option under multiplayer, it tells me I need to exit the game, and sync a psn account to the one currently logged in, but for the life of me, I can not figure out how to do that.

Has anyone done that that can help me out??
#2ppls1000Posted 2/19/2012 4:55:22 PM
I personally have no used that feature but from what i understand with the people who i played with online who were using that feature once you turn on the second controller it should work. Its for two people on one PS3 from what I can tell.
---
PSN: ppls1000
Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds, Gran Turismo 5, Socom 4, Twisted Metal
#3brickwalker0Posted 2/19/2012 4:57:02 PM
Unfortunately I've yet to do that, but just for clarification, you're saying you're trying to log in a second player to play online and have him use his own PSN account instead of being a guest?
---
PSN - brickwalker0
League of Legends - isOmetriC
#4skulldragon3200(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 5:10:18 PM
Ok, yeah so I figured it out. You have to make a second local user on your PS3 console and then log into a PSN account on that user. Then you can log in to both accounts on online split screen.
#5ZechxisPosted 2/22/2012 4:56:27 AM
skulldragon3200 posted...
Ok, yeah so I figured it out. You have to make a second local user on your PS3 console and then log into a PSN account on that user. Then you can log in to both accounts on online split screen.

Can you be more specific about how to do this? I've been trying to figure out how to do this with me and my buddy but we can't.
---
Zechxis Productions: Home of the Message Board Massacre series -
http://movies.lionhead.com/studio/Zechxis
#6ZechxisPosted 2/22/2012 5:02:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SethJustSethPosted 2/22/2012 5:10:18 AM
You need a profile for your friend on your PS3, and it needs to have his PSN acount in it. When you set up the split screen game you choose w/e PSN you are using for yourself (i think, did it once) from a list. It may have been like 'Press PS Button to join', then you choose your PSN name.
---
I'm Seth. Just Seth.
i bet she ran away to be with clue-ya cuz pimp baron didn't want no moon man for a son. -ff7rulez4eva
#8Kaguya_KimimaroPosted 2/22/2012 5:29:47 AM
I'll try to keep it simple XD, create a second "User" on your PS3, to do so, before you start the game, on the PS3's "Menu"s/"Lists" or whatever you wanna call them, go all the way to the one on the far left, it'll read something like "Turn Off System" "User 1" and "Create New User", create a second user.

Afterwords, make a PlayStation Network account on the second user, after that, go to the "Splitscreen" Tab on the Twisted Metal Online's Menu thing (has options like "Game", "News" etc.), go to the second option, and press "X" on it, it'll make you log into the second account on the second user, once signed in, you can play Splitscreen online with the PSN's on both accounts.
---
PSN's: TwilightGundam01. HiitasFamiliar0
NOTE: Twilight in my name does NOT refer to the Movies/Books, refers to how Light and Darkness is called Twilight...
#9ZechxisPosted 2/22/2012 6:00:00 PM
Kaguya_Kimimaro posted...
I'll try to keep it simple XD, create a second "User" on your PS3, to do so, before you start the game, on the PS3's "Menu"s/"Lists" or whatever you wanna call them, go all the way to the one on the far left, it'll read something like "Turn Off System" "User 1" and "Create New User", create a second user.

Afterwords, make a PlayStation Network account on the second user, after that, go to the "Splitscreen" Tab on the Twisted Metal Online's Menu thing (has options like "Game", "News" etc.), go to the second option, and press "X" on it, it'll make you log into the second account on the second user, once signed in, you can play Splitscreen online with the PSN's on both accounts.

Thanks a bunch! It worked!
---
Zechxis Productions: Home of the Message Board Massacre series -
http://movies.lionhead.com/studio/Zechxis
#10teknopathetikPosted 2/22/2012 6:01:36 PM

Does player 2 havr to unlock all his own things or need a online pass?