Current and possibly future patch discussion

#1atdsutmPosted 4/29/2012 7:04:11 AM(edited)
At the moment, the patch changes looks nice and also going in the right direction, but some of the patches changes numerically are too big or the changes are too drastic.

----------------------------------

Roadkill has been overbuffed in my opinion, and got a bit more than he needed. Currently he has an additional 15 HP and 10 second faster regen rate on his special. HELL Roadkill got more significant buffs than crimson fury.

Roadkill's current changed stats...

Health: 175
Special Regen Rate: 30 seconds

I suggest he should be tweaked into...

Health: 160
Special Regen Rate: 33-34 seconds

Note: If Jaffe still plans to increase the roadkill damage it should be somewhere around 115 at stage 3 max and 145 at stage 3 "BLINKING", but this inturn will make mines less usable because of the 40 second regen rate.

If only there is a way to make mines 30 seconds regen rate and his blood missiles regen rate around 34 seconds. That is too much i guess.

Putting his special regen rate to 34 second might still make mines used a bit more frequently

his HP going back to 160 will make him completely different than Death Warrant.

-----------------------------------
Crimson Fury currently feels very good, but i think his freeze break speed has become a bit too good for him as it almost cut it into half. The change I think should be in the middle of it.

Crimson Fury current changed stats

Freeze break count : 400

I suggest he should be tweaked into...

Freeze break count : 550

------------------------------------

About juggernaut

The HP changes seems to be much very significant for him, and he dies a lot quicker now team mates must attend to protecting and moving along with the juggernaut. Instead of juggernaut getting kills on its own via absorption shield and dumb ram.

This also decreases the health that the juggernaut gets from mercy bonus, health pickups and JYD health taxi.

So I am favoring this change instead of the x3 damage when the weakpoint is open.

what do you guys think?

Junkyard dog and Nuke mode exp

His heal feels a bit more rewarding on the eXp side, but his change has little impact on the balance side of thing, so i care little for this.

Although i havent played nuke mode to detect the exp. Time will tell about it

Talon energy and megagun nerfs

YUMMY DELICIOUS!!!! Although im getting reports of very good abusers still get away with them.

There are other changes i havent tapped into because i dont use the vehicles much such as reaper.

Other future changes that are probably needed

-the other changes jaffe had missed and are promised for 1.6 patch

-"slightly" improve magnum and laser sidearms (instead of people spamming accurate rockets.)
-"slightly" tracking nerf on homings and remote bombs.
-"slightly" improve damage on napalms on "direct hit.
-"bigger" idiot penalty damage on specials such as guided gurney bomb, and shadow specials.
-probably a slight nerf to Shadow's damage at far radius.
-"slight" nerf to junkyard dog's heal

when i emphasize the word "slight" i mean changes like Crimson Fury's total changes are "BIG". Roadkill's improvements are "MASSIVE".

Jaffe seems to give changes that are too big he should provided smaller tweaks. and A BIG NO to Health adjustments, i want adjustments in a different manner instead of a simple dumb "health buff" for weaker vehicles.

what do you guys think about the other changes aside from Roadkill's
---
PSN:amjting
#2atdsutm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 6:52:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Ice WeaselPosted 4/29/2012 7:35:23 AM(edited)
If the game shipped with Roadkill having 175 health and a 30 second special regen, NOBODY would be complaining. He'd just be a very decent vehicle overall. Even with the extra 15 HP he's still one of the easiest vehicles to kill.

People need to forget about his pre-tweak numbers. He's perfect now and should have been that way from the start. Some of you guys are WAY too obsessed about these little numbers.
#4atdsutm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 9:37:24 AM
if Roadkill had 175 hp and 30 seconds regen rate, people who have demanded for a death warrant buff. I would have requested for Roadkill's slight nerf if he had the current stats on release.

roadkill's 30 to 40 seconds change is pretty MASSIVE. and 175 HP made him very close to DW and saves him from a single homing missile that might have killed him at 160 HP, that change is pretty big in terms of changing the balance between car selection.

these little numbers mean a lot though, some people are just overlooking or lazy shove off details and call out people who are concerned about them as "obsessed". Do you think the developers made this game and wasnt very keen into detail of the balance?

patch 1.01 nerfed the gurney bomb from 50 to 40. AND THAT DID a lot of changes in meat wagon's interaction versus other units such as kamikaze, reaper and other light units. that little detail of 10 damage difference is very significant.
---
#593monhollen93Posted 4/29/2012 3:04:04 PM
Bananas

Don't nerf my Jugga-nawht. Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Game classifies it as my "Favorite Vehicle" lol. 60 to 1 kill death ratio lmao. So hard to die as jugg in Nuke lol.
---
PSN id = Ignorant_Giraffe
#6atdsutm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 7:06:00 PM
93monhollen93 posted...
Bananas

Don't nerf my Jugga-nawht. Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Game classifies it as my "Favorite Vehicle" lol. 60 to 1 kill death ratio lmao. So hard to die as jugg in Nuke lol.

he is already nerfed lol
---
#7Silent-N-DeadlyPosted 4/29/2012 7:10:33 PM
I think road kills new current stats are fine... Never have problems with enemy roadkills
---
PSN: Silent-N-Deadly
#8ArzharkhelPosted 4/29/2012 7:17:07 PM
To be honest I really hate that juggernaut nerf and I don't even use him. Juggernaut is supposed to be a freaking tank and extremely hard to kill, it should force people to work as a team to bring him down. With that big ass hitbox that he's got he'll only be a bullet sponge, so there'd be no point in even using him.
---
PSN ID - Arzharkhel
Clan - 7D$
#9atdsutm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 7:18:27 PM
Silent-N-Deadly posted...
I think road kills new current stats are fine... Never have problems with enemy roadkills

meh, when i played him he feels a bit too strong. it feels like he has an easier time versus anybody than death warrant.

havent seen much good roadkills oher than lBeelR and SirCrush.

When i fought their Roadkills with my Death Warrant it felt more like an uphill battle than when im using Roadkill.
---
#10atdsutm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 7:24:07 PM
Arzharkhel posted...
To be honest I really hate that juggernaut nerf and I don't even use him. Juggernaut is supposed to be a freaking tank and extremely hard to kill, it should force people to work as a team to bring him down. With that big ass hitbox that he's got he'll only be a bullet sponge, so there'd be no point in even using him.

ahh so the juggernaut HP nerf looks way too much?

i almost havent played versus a juggernaut since patch since no one uses them, i only fought against one juggernaut where a JYD and another pilot was on the gunner seat in black rock. It was almost impossible to take it down, especially when everybody was uncoordinated and giving it mercy bonuses.

If the juggernaut HP looks way too low, then it might need to be reverted back to 700 hp.
---