Found a glitch to get out of the map!

#1StuntmanSnakePosted 3/6/2012 9:00:30 PM
It was insane. You can actually explore everything you see out in the distance. I felt like I was on my TRUE unique journey.

This game is so deep. My mind is blown.
#2KebiinuPosted 3/6/2012 11:53:37 PM
Gonna explain the glitch >_>?
---
3DS FC: 4167 - 4502 - 6171
PSN: Kebiinu
#3o0achilles0oPosted 3/8/2012 12:34:07 AM
Yes, do share, please.
#4OrleanKnightPosted 3/8/2012 12:48:32 AM

I found the same glitch, often you it exists in sand-falls.. Yet you will bump into the game's wall rather quickly. And you will be trapped, forcing you to reset to chapter select or starting a new Journey.

#5Amish_GramishPosted 3/8/2012 10:18:28 PM
Would you be able to give some more details of the specifics of the glitch?
---
Community Manager of thatgamecompany and Krew Studios
PSN ID: Amish_Gramish
#6OrleanKnightPosted 3/8/2012 11:02:51 PM

I've encountered this glitch on numerous occasions, and on the most recent occurance I can clarify on where and why.

Due to my extensive exploration of your maps from the opposite side of the white box geometry, I can see that each level is constructed from several pieces of geometry placed closed together. There are several places where an exploring player who is running along the edges of the map will slip between the cracks in geomtry and fall through the level, getting stuck on the other side of mountains. The most annoying element to this is that the game didn't account for this, so locks the player on the other side of the geometry with no real way to escape.

With no level restart, the player is forced to lose all their progress up to that point because there is no way out.

I encountered it first on the Broken Bridge level, mainly where the sand falls off the far end of the map. I slipped through the wall near the white orb perched above the history covered by a curtain of sand. I walked along the edge of the mountain as I grabbed the orb and fell through the wall.

The second time, I was exploring the final stage, the Cloth Heaven portion of the moutain, I was looking for some sort 'Super-Secret Reward' or something, but ended up falling through the map again. On this occasion, I was able to fly between all the mountains until I found sandy ground. I walked along the sand beneath the mountains, looking up at what appeared to be a wonderful abstract painting. Eventually I got annoyed I couldn't leave this beauitful prison, and returned to the chapter select.

#7OrleanKnightPosted 3/8/2012 11:05:08 PM

Tell us where this Super Secret Cloak reward is, I'm getting tired of alling through map geometry looking for it.

#8Amish_GramishPosted 3/8/2012 11:14:34 PM
OrleanKnight posted...
Tell us where this Super Secret Cloak reward is, I'm getting tired of alling through map geometry looking for it.

You just need to get all of these:
http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=35843012&postcount=721
---
Community Manager of thatgamecompany and Krew Studios
PSN ID: Amish_Gramish
#9OrleanKnightPosted 3/8/2012 11:17:30 PM

That's just a white cloak for getting the achievement. Very nice cloak, but not exactly a super-special cloth pattern.

#10craigybabesPosted 3/15/2012 9:13:59 AM
OrleanKnight posted...
That's just a white cloak for getting the achievement. Very nice cloak, but not exactly a super-special cloth pattern.

And yet the white cloak ribbon REGENERATES when you're on the ground...changes the game a lot.
More topics from this board...
It's coming to the ps4INCEPTlON208/31 8:50AM