Cloth Creatures. *SOME SPOILERS*

#1XcoregamerskilzPosted 3/29/2012 7:19:44 AM
I was just sitting and thinking about the cloth creatures in the game. Here's my take on what they are. WHat do you guys think?

Scraps of Ribbon: Fish. The way they school and swarm together makes me think of fish, especially because they seem to get "herded" at certain points by the Cloth creatures from the dunes.

Creatures from the Dunes: Dolphins/Porpoises. The way they seem to travel in pods and call out to each other and the player. Plus they seem to sometimes "Herd" the scraps of ribbon, like the mid-section of the sunken city (sand slide)

Creatures in the Cavern/Temple: Jelly Fish: Big sort of bulb at the top and a long tail floating vertically.... can't think of what else they might be.

Creature from the Temple/Summit: Whale. I've hear them called Dragons before, but they give me more the impression of a humpback whale. They way the call out with large pulses and the way they seem to "breach" jump in the areas where you find them.

I know it's weird to think of these as sea creatures in the desert... but that's really just the imagery I get. Especially in the cavern level where there's all that "seaweed" This level seriously reminds me of a shipwreck or reef.

What's your take on it??
---
--- PSN: Xcoregamerskillz
#2najzerePosted 3/29/2012 7:22:51 AM
I think you're right, the cloth creatures are modeled after aquatic life. Additionally, the cloth ribbons that just stick up straight out of the ground are like kelp.
#3LiquidAntagonisPosted 3/29/2012 9:27:08 AM
1. I agree with the scraps of ribbon being fish.
2. I always saw the cloth creatures from the desert as birds, but I can see how they're more like dolphins...They do tend to jump in and out of the sand like dolphins
3. Jellyfish and seaweed, indeed
4. I've heard them called dragons and serpents...But never whales. Maybe killer whales, because they're predatory....if not that, then sharks of some sort.

They have to be predatory, though.
#4fayenaticPosted 3/29/2012 9:32:05 AM

the "whale" is a big hammerhead shark.

#5Vercinget0rixPosted 3/29/2012 9:50:46 AM

1. I agree with the scraps of ribbon being fish.
2. I always saw the cloth creatures from the desert as birds, but I can see how they're more like dolphins...They do tend to jump in and out of the sand like dolphins
3. Jellyfish and seaweed, indeed
4. I've heard them called dragons and serpents...But never whales. Maybe killer whales, because they're predatory....if not that, then sharks of some sort.

They have to be predatory, though.

On number 4 it seems like you're thinking of the enemies that tear your scarf. What I think TC is referring to is the creature made of cloth that you encounter in the temple and near the end of the final area.
#6GigginsPosted 3/29/2012 11:49:51 AM
I agree with all of them. The aquatic theme they chose is pretty interesting, though the little cloth "fish" can also count as birds, I guess.
---
#7LiquidAntagonisPosted 3/29/2012 12:37:01 PM
Vercinget0rix posted...
On number 4 it seems like you're thinking of the enemies that tear your scarf. What I think TC is referring to is the creature made of cloth that you encounter in the temple and near the end of the final area.

...Yeah, you're right. My mistake.

Yeah, those gigantic cloth things gave me the impression of a whale.
#8RollingconePosted 3/29/2012 12:41:18 PM
The aforementioned are the animals being mimiced by the scarves, but I believe the scarves as entities are the spirits of the dead sand people.
---
"I ain't going nowhere old man"
#9mocheckPosted 3/29/2012 1:02:56 PM
I always called the large ones whales due to their size despite their heads looking like hammerheads. The ones people are calling dolphins are actually called "cloth fish" in Playstation Home, but don't know if that can be considered official.
---
http://siertes.dvdaf.com/owned
#10Xcoregamerskilz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 1:03:46 PM
fayenatic posted...
the "whale" is a big hammerhead shark.

I could see that too... but it just seems so gentle, and sharks don't breach.
---
--- PSN: Xcoregamerskillz
More topics from this board...
It's coming to the ps4INCEPTlON208/31 8:50AM