I love playing as a white cloak and leaving red cloaks behind at the ending

#1SkaijoPosted 4/12/2012 3:58:41 PM
I'm a fully decked out, 100% trophied white cloak. I love meeting new players and journeying with them all the way until the end of the game--sometimes I help them find hard to find symbols and glyphs, but for the most part I let them dictate where they want to go. I often trip over myself and play hide and seek behind meditation stones for the fun of it. And it's pretty easy to form a bond like we all do by the end of the game. At the last summit though--after the death climb, I'll draw a heart in the sand and just stand there. The red cloaks won't move on without me, and it breaks my heart in a bittersweet way each time they understand that I'm telling them goodbye and for them to move on without me. And they do. And for them that's how their journey ends. Why do I go through all this trouble?

Because I've got a badass name and I hate waiting through the opening cinematic. So I'll just wait until they're gone and chapter select my way back to the beginning. Sure I lose my scarf length, but I'm a goddamn white cloak. I'll survive.
#2Klop_JobPosted 4/12/2012 6:36:42 PM
Lol. That's pretty evil dude. No one should ever walk into the light alone.
#3MantisoPosted 4/13/2012 7:10:04 AM
you realise those people could be going for a trophy if you've been with them all the way through the game. the nice thing to do would be to help them out and be a good partner.
---
"3rd time watching you're thinking, how does he get his jumper on?" - Karl Pilkington on The Elephant Man
PSN ID: SolidKev
#4Skaijo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 8:39:32 AM
Actually, you get the trophy for being with them on the majority of the play-through--not walking through the end part. There's absolutely no sound moral mandate that demands I walk through the final dénouement with my partner. And it's also way more emotional to say your goodbyes when both characters aren't forced into a walking loop.
#5najzerePosted 4/13/2012 10:09:22 AM
There's a trophy for going through with a companion.
#6elrapidoPosted 4/13/2012 11:17:48 AM
I like it.
---
We aren't people, we're text.
#7MantisoPosted 4/13/2012 3:11:26 PM
Actually, you get the trophy for being with them on the majority of the play-through--not walking through the end part.

read the trophy description again. it says to play most of the game with the same player AND return to the beginning (ie. finish the game properly)

There's absolutely no sound moral mandate that demands I walk through the final dénouement with my partner.

see above. it helps with one of the tougher, more time consuming trophies in the game. there's no reason NOT to walk through if you've come that far.
---
"3rd time watching you're thinking, how does he get his jumper on?" - Karl Pilkington on The Elephant Man
#8Skaijo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 9:27:56 PM
Mantiso posted...
Actually, you get the trophy for being with them on the majority of the play-through--not walking through the end part.

read the trophy description again. it says to play most of the game with the same player AND return to the beginning (ie. finish the game properly)

There's absolutely no sound moral mandate that demands I walk through the final dénouement with my partner.

see above. it helps with one of the tougher, more time consuming trophies in the game. there's no reason NOT to walk through if you've come that far.

No friend, you're interpreting the description incorrectly. It's exactly as it states it black and white without you twisting the final clause. "Play most of the game with the same player" check "return to the beginning" (ie. finish the game). Check. Not "finish the game properly" not "finish the game in the way how I personally think is the most polite and respectful and all other methods fall beneath an inferior standard" it's just "finish the game".

And the reasons still stand, my chirping name is just too awesome and I don't need to see the beginning cutscene again.

I recommend you try it as it's way more of an emotional experience than walking side by side in a forced walking loop into a white screen.
#9MantisoPosted 4/14/2012 5:53:34 AM
No friend, you're interpreting the description incorrectly

No, I'm not. I'm interpreting it exactly as it is.

"Play most of the game with the same player" check "return to the beginning" (ie. finish the game). Check. Not "finish the game properly" not "finish the game in the way how I personally think is the most polite and respectful and all other methods fall beneath an inferior standard"

At what point do you think the game registers the game is finished? It's not at the snow level. It's not when you're flying up towards the mountain. It's not when you stand outside the final walk in the sand. It's when you trigger the ending credits and the game takes you 'to the beginning'.

it's just "finish the game".

'and return to the beginning'
the same as the Rebirth trophy. you know, the one in which you had to actually 'finish the game and return to the beginning' in order to get the trophy.

I don't care, do what you want. Just don't make me out to be the idiot for correctly explaining how the trophy works. You're acting as if what you do is perfectly fine and has no effect on the other player, when in fact, it most definitely could. They could potentially have wasted 90 minutes replaying the game for that one trophy only to be stopped at the final hurdle for no good reason.
---
#10LegendofLegaiaPosted 4/14/2012 6:08:08 AM
Actually, I spent most of the game with the same person the first time I played it, but I didn't get the trophy when I walked in the light by myself.

I was looking to see if anything was hidden in the last area and my companion just sorta ditched me.
---
AC Cloud: If I win, are my sins forgiven?
FFVII Cloud: Not you again.
More topics from this board...
It's coming to the ps4INCEPTlON208/31 8:50AM