My amazing Journey. (Ending spoilers)

#1Ceadeus99Posted 4/30/2012 3:28:23 PM
I just went through about my gazillionth playthrough of this game, and as always, it was amazing.

I met a fellow White Cloak just as I finished the Temple alone, and we both chirped in greeting. We glided through the door to the mountain and began our trek. It was a long journey up the mountain, having to battle the fierce winds and hugging the rock wall to escape the Guardians. We only stopped once at a small alcove in the stone where we lit the brazier and chirped with happiness in the warmth. We continued to climb, only to be stopped in our tracks by the cold. My companion fell to the ground and I took one more step, only to fall right next to him. We then flew up to the top of the mountain, where we drews hearts in the snow and made our way into the bright light. At the end of the credits, I recognized his symbol and sent him a message, thanking him for accompanying me on my Journey.

Isn't it odd how this game can give you a great, lasting connection with a complete stranger?
---
"To exist for no reason is the same as being dead." -Gaara
#2PabloDuganheimPosted 4/30/2012 5:52:48 PM
You ran with the same person again? Cool!
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me pv -it's easier)
#3ConzicusPosted 4/30/2012 6:27:28 PM
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

My best journey was the first time I played Journey.

I went into this game without seeing any previews or gameplay videos, so I started the game completely blind.

Awestruck by the visuals, I didn't really focus on the main objective on the game and instead wandered around and took in the environment. This was something I'd previously never experienced in a game before.

I came to the bridge and met with a fellow first-timer (or I at least assumed so because of the lack of and design on his cloak.) We stuck close by and managed to develop our own code with the chirps to indicate a new finding, whether fascinating or dangerous.

We built the bridge, traversed the desert, slid around on the sand, all while sticking very close to each other.

When we came across the underground level, I'll admit, I felt fear unlike the type of fear you may get in survival-horror type games. It was a fear of the unknown I suppose. It was such a contrast to being in the desert with the sun beating on you. At this point I made sure not to stray from my partner for anything.

When we came across that serpent-like statue, I thought nothing of it at first... until it sprang to life and devoured that cloth creature. Traversing those ruins left my heart pounding. I was legitimately scared. I was afraid to communicate for fear that those serpent creatures would hear me, so I was silent as I could be.

After going through all that, swimming through that essence with the many different cloth creatures, admiring the beauty of it all, we eventually hit the snow level.

I won't go into detail TOO much, but I gotta say, this part scared me even more than the underground level. Me and my partner huddled together and traversed the blizzard, and came across those serpents again. I ended up getting attacked and separated from my partner, who went into hiding until it was safe to come find me so he could warm me up.

Eventually we got to the dreaded hike up the mountain, where even huddling together couldn't keep you warm enough. I had no idea if sticking by him would've prevented our deaths, but I stuck by him until we couldn't move any longer, and collapsed. Even in death, we stuck together.

Honestly, I tried to hold back my tears, but they had to come out eventually.

To prevent any further spoilers, I won't say anything about the last section, but I ended up sticking with my first partner throughout the entire game, and was extremely happy I was able to experience this game with a fellow first-timer. :)
---
"Place thine higher priorities on brethren, not wenches."
Check out my band, Against Amber Skies!
#4Ceadeus99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:33:02 PM
Conzicus posted...
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

My best journey was the first time I played Journey.

I went into this game without seeing any previews or gameplay videos, so I started the game completely blind.

Awestruck by the visuals, I didn't really focus on the main objective on the game and instead wandered around and took in the environment. This was something I'd previously never experienced in a game before.

I came to the bridge and met with a fellow first-timer (or I at least assumed so because of the lack of and design on his cloak.) We stuck close by and managed to develop our own code with the chirps to indicate a new finding, whether fascinating or dangerous.

We built the bridge, traversed the desert, slid around on the sand, all while sticking very close to each other.

When we came across the underground level, I'll admit, I felt fear unlike the type of fear you may get in survival-horror type games. It was a fear of the unknown I suppose. It was such a contrast to being in the desert with the sun beating on you. At this point I made sure not to stray from my partner for anything.

When we came across that serpent-like statue, I thought nothing of it at first... until it sprang to life and devoured that cloth creature. Traversing those ruins left my heart pounding. I was legitimately scared. I was afraid to communicate for fear that those serpent creatures would hear me, so I was silent as I could be.

After going through all that, swimming through that essence with the many different cloth creatures, admiring the beauty of it all, we eventually hit the snow level.

I won't go into detail TOO much, but I gotta say, this part scared me even more than the underground level. Me and my partner huddled together and traversed the blizzard, and came across those serpents again. I ended up getting attacked and separated from my partner, who went into hiding until it was safe to come find me so he could warm me up.

Eventually we got to the dreaded hike up the mountain, where even huddling together couldn't keep you warm enough. I had no idea if sticking by him would've prevented our deaths, but I stuck by him until we couldn't move any longer, and collapsed. Even in death, we stuck together.

Honestly, I tried to hold back my tears, but they had to come out eventually.

To prevent any further spoilers, I won't say anything about the last section, but I ended up sticking with my first partner throughout the entire game, and was extremely happy I was able to experience this game with a fellow first-timer. :)

Wow! That sounds like a great experience. Being plunged into the unknown with a complete stranger. Being able to go through the whole game with a single person is probably the best thing to happen. I wish the same happened to me, I had to go through most of it alone my first time.
---
#5ConzicusPosted 4/30/2012 6:44:46 PM
It definitely was quite the adventure. This game hit a chord with me that literally no other game has been able to do. In most games, it's usually just "go from point A to point B", "collect X amount of Y and bring it to Z", "kill X amount of Y", etc.

But honestly, if it were up to me to write the directions on how to play this game, I would write in big, bold-faced lettering...

Experience.

Because that's all you really need to do in order to play this game, you know?
---
"Place thine higher priorities on brethren, not wenches."
Check out my band, Against Amber Skies!
#6Ceadeus99(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 12:00:19 PM
Conzicus posted...
It definitely was quite the adventure. This game hit a chord with me that literally no other game has been able to do. In most games, it's usually just "go from point A to point B", "collect X amount of Y and bring it to Z", "kill X amount of Y", etc.

But honestly, if it were up to me to write the directions on how to play this game, I would write in big, bold-faced lettering...

Experience.

Because that's all you really need to do in order to play this game, you know?

Definitely. I just recently told my friend about this game and that they should play it. But I also said not to look up much about it, going in blind is the best thing. You really have to experience it for yourself to know what its all about.
---