This game has left me kind of speechless... (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

#1FenixxPosted 4/30/2012 10:20:55 PM
I bought this game yesterday and just played through the first area then stopped at the bridge section. Today I continued on and hoped to finish my journey. It's now roughly 30 minutes after I completed the game and I still have this overwhelming feeling of amazement. About 22 years I've been playing games and none have given me the kind of feeling that Journey has.

When I started playing again today, I saw two different people in the bridge area. The first one left without me and the second one I waited at the exit but they didn't show up, possibly cause I had activated the story sequence. So I went on to the next area and sat at the beginning for a little bit just looking around. Then another person came running back towards me and for the first time I had close up contact with someone. They were an experienced person, having a few layers of gold embroidery on their robe.

So I started to follow them and they led me to all the different things to find. Normally I'm a slower paced gamer, taking my time and exploring stuff. But I guess I was kinda happy to have some form of companionship so I didn't mind if they led me along. I ended up staying with them throughout the whole game. I found myself relying on them and if I got seperated, I would start to worry and get scared of losing them. The mountain climb at the end was a bit tough to deal with cause I could see us starting to slow down and I knew we weren't going to make it, but seeing my partner fall next to me was unexpected. Then it was all happy times as we got resurrected and flew up the mountain only to seperate as we walked into the light, which I'll admit that my eyes got a little watery at that point.

I can't really say there was any one thing that stood out because the entire game stood out. It can't even really be called a game. This is one of those things that has gone beyond just sitting there and pushing buttons. It's almost like living another life. It was an amazing experience and definitely one that I believe every person should go through.
---
PSN: Sion_Fenixx
In order to fear something, you must know fear. In order to know fear, you must be scared. In order to be scared, you must know me.
#2Oni_TatsujinPosted 5/1/2012 1:36:43 AM
I know that feel, bro.

...I wish there was more to say, but that's all there really is... Journey is indeed a wonderful piece of art :)

Now get to collecting all the white symbols! Collecting all of them (cumulative, not in one single play-through) unlocks a White Robe which starts off with a much longer scarf and it regenerates on its own.
---
"The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA."
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view ;)
#3jazztronautPosted 5/4/2012 8:56:05 AM
Just played it last night and yeah...wow. It's not the best game I've ever played, but it's definitely the most unique. I'll will be playing through this a few more times.
---
If you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life.
psn: jazztronaut
#4JAvatar80Posted 5/4/2012 12:56:33 PM
This game gave me my most depressing moment in gaming history.....

I was playing, found myself with another player. We were in the stage prior to the temple, and about a 1/3 of the way through, they stopped and sat. Then, about 20 seconds later, they kinda sank into the sand a little bit, probally just settling, but they just didn't move. Finally, they disappeared, and the whole time I was like "No! Come on, don't give up now!" until they logged.

I was seriously saddened by this! It was humorous 2 seconds later, but I was seriously sad. Before they poofed, I kept walking back to them, then forward, then back and forward, over and over in an attempt to get them to follow...to no avail.

I was a sad red-panda.
---
(^.^){(::)
IZA COOKIE! *nom nom nom nom*
More topics from this board...
It's coming to the ps4INCEPTlON208/31 8:50AM