I have one extremely minor gripe with this game... (Fist Fighting)

#1favre4ever05Posted 4/22/2012 7:53:10 AM
Probably not even worth mentioning but it's the only complaint I have. I can't stand the fist fighting in the witcher 2. I liked it much better in the original witcher. You would get cool prizes and loot for the fist fights, and they were actually fun and challenging. I'm playing on dark difficulty with difficult QTE's turned on, and I won every single fist fight in chapter 1 without getting hit once. It's just far too easy, which is weird seeing as how difficult the other parts of the game are on Dark mode. Like I said, just a very minor complaint in one of the best RPG's I have ever played :)
#2dmljrPosted 4/22/2012 8:35:06 AM

You would get cool prizes and loot for the fist fights, and they were actually fun and challenging.

The prizes and loot where quests rewards, not fist fighting rewards, fist fighting rewards were only money.
Also they weren't challenging at all. Most common monster fights were harder.
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178
#3giocarePosted 4/22/2012 9:39:38 AM
The best thing about Witcher 1 fights..."your mother sucks dwarf ****"
#4krokkoPosted 4/22/2012 9:41:37 AM
They aren't perfect in Witcher 2 but I sure as hell prefer them over Witcher 1
#5Omega12596Posted 4/22/2012 9:48:25 AM
I really liked the fistfights, but I hate the arm wrestling. Abandoned that after Chapter 1. Maybe my toggles are too sensitive or something, but I found those QTE's to be too aggravating(and expensive) to keep doing, lol :D
#6simonbelmont2Posted 4/22/2012 9:56:35 AM
My main gripe with the fist fighting is you can't do a shoryuken.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#7masblasPosted 4/22/2012 10:22:06 AM
I love the fist fighting it's awesome.
#8favre4ever05(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 10:26:51 AM(edited)
dmljr posted...
You would get cool prizes and loot for the fist fights, and they were actually fun and challenging.
The prizes and loot where quests rewards, not fist fighting rewards, fist fighting rewards were only money.
Also they weren't challenging at all. Most common monster fights were harder.

No, I distinctly recall that when you would beat a top fighter, you would have your choice between money or an item of some sort. And maybe they weren't too challenging in the original, but they are certainly more challenging than these. Like I said, I have yet to be hit a single time. The button sequences need to be longer or the response time needs to be much faster.