good potions?

#1Fable_AvengerPosted 5/4/2012 5:22:07 PM
What are some good potions that i should always have available?
---
Home is where you make it
#2The Soul ReaverPosted 5/4/2012 5:41:34 PM
If you're not going alchemy, Rook/Swallow/Tawny Owl is a good setup with no negative effects. On my alchemy build i usually went with Rook/Swallow/Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt is just gross with two points in Catalysis.
---
Sent/Strider/Doom, Team Scrub every now and then.
#3Fable_Avenger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 5:51:36 PM
haha sounds good, spanks. What are good talents to pick for alchemy? Im on my first playthrough so im just dabbling in all three skill trees.
---
#4mrmontiePosted 5/4/2012 5:53:46 PM
The Soul Reaver posted...
Rook/Swallow/Tawny Owl is a good setup with no negative effects.

yes. I rarely bothered with any of the other potions. Never saw the point of sacrificing something for something else. In act 1 it seemed like I felt the need to use potions and oils constantly. after that I have only bothered a time or two. Maybe I should have upped the difficulty beyond normal after act 1. I'm able to destroy pretty much everybody with quen slash roll. Combat has gotten fairly boring. My damage seems so high that I only need to hit most things once or twice.
#5mrmontiePosted 5/4/2012 5:56:07 PM
Fable_Avenger posted...
haha sounds good, spanks. What are good talents to pick for alchemy? Im on my first playthrough so im just dabbling in all three skill trees.

I always tend to spread my abilities across trees in games. Never been much of a purist. If you are concerned with mutagens then you'll want to pick up the side effects ability under alchemy. Its pretty early in the tree. People talk about impregnation too, but I didn't bother as it was farther in than I wanted to spend.

Really I just look at passive abilities that sound like they suit my style and go for it. I forgot there was even a block button in this game until the end of chapter 2 when you play as somebody that can't roll. parry? riposte? screw that.
#6Fable_Avenger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 5:59:57 PM
mrmontie posted...
The Soul Reaver posted...
Rook/Swallow/Tawny Owl is a good setup with no negative effects.

yes. I rarely bothered with any of the other potions. Never saw the point of sacrificing something for something else. In act 1 it seemed like I felt the need to use potions and oils constantly. after that I have only bothered a time or two. Maybe I should have upped the difficulty beyond normal after act 1. I'm able to destroy pretty much everybody with quen slash roll. Combat has gotten fairly boring. My damage seems so high that I only need to hit most things once or twice.

same here. I spent most of act 1 dying. i used oils and potions for every fight but once i leveled up and put some points into quen , axii and vitality it got much easier. But i still find combat fun and challenging.
---