How hard is Dark difficulty?

#1kjrain12Posted 4/8/2012 1:39:40 PM

Hey guys, Ive never played this before but was looking at the achievement list and saw one for beating Dark difficulty. I was wondering, for those that have played the PC version, how hard is it? Should I do my first run on Dark or should I wait? Is New Game + possible so I could do a run on normal and then take all my stuff into the next difficulty?

Also, for those that have beat the game, how hard are the achievements?

#2Soldier3rdClassPosted 4/8/2012 1:52:43 PM
It's only hard if you aren't good at dodging or parrying because enemies hit hard. With Quen though the mode is a joke since it absorbs all damage and you can keep recasting it anytime you get hit or it wears off.

I'd probably just recommend you playing normal though so you'll feel less likely on relying on Quen to beat the game.
---
PC Specs: http://i41.tinypic.com/1tjyu9.jpg
#3Unresolved777Posted 4/8/2012 2:05:14 PM
I did my first playthrough on normal. My current file (2nd) is on dark. I found that I died a lot more on normal so far because I'm more experienced at the game. Dark isn't so bad yet because as long as you know how to not get hit, you'll be fine.
---
PSN: Unresoived
#4MastaMenacePosted 4/8/2012 2:13:28 PM(edited)
Soldier3rdClass posted...
It's only hard if you aren't good at dodging or parrying because enemies hit hard. With Quen though the mode is a joke since it absorbs all damage and you can keep recasting it anytime you get hit or it wears off.

I'd probably just recommend you playing normal though so you'll feel less likely on relying on Quen to beat the game.

Quen is nerfed in the Enhanced Edition patch...lol. So you can't do that anymore.

"21. Quen Sign has been significantly nerfed. It now wears off after one or two hits."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975399-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/62347393
---
-Sent from my smartphone-
#5leon_bladePosted 4/8/2012 6:05:23 PM
Hard like my.....wait whoops this is not a chat room
#6eldanonPosted 4/9/2012 10:32:26 AM
Not only is Quen getting a nerf, you also can't absorb full damage with a parry either... so I'll be curious how Dark Mode will go as well.

I'd highly recommend starting on Normal for the first run through. I suppose you could start on Dark as long as you don't mind dialing the difficulty back after the first several fights make you want to throw the controller at the wall since you'll have no experience with the combat system.
#7BMXJousterPosted 4/9/2012 11:07:40 AM
Since nobody's answered this question yet:

kjrain12 posted...
Is New Game + possible so I could do a run on normal and then take all my stuff into the next difficulty?

No, there is no New Game+ in Witcher 2. You'll always start from scratch on each playthrough.
---
"I gotta be really careful while shadowboxing though because if I do it enough eventually I'll just defeat the air and then everyone will suffocate."
#8MastaMenacePosted 4/9/2012 11:29:48 AM
BMXJouster posted...
Since nobody's answered this question yet:

kjrain12 posted...
Is New Game + possible so I could do a run on normal and then take all my stuff into the next difficulty?

No, there is no New Game+ in Witcher 2. You'll always start from scratch on each playthrough.

I'd like to add that there's new unique, very powerful armor sets in Dark Difficutly
---
-Sent from my smartphone-