Free Roam?

#1rikku300Posted 1/25/2011 4:46:34 AM

I watched a demo of this game, and so far it looks amazing, the graphics are awesome and the combat looks pretty fun. But I was wondering how much of this game is free roam? Have you got an open map to run around in like in Oblivion? Are there side missions you can do apart from the story line? Also, is there any character customization in this game? I know that we are stuck with the guy with white hair, but can you change his armor/clothes, hairstyle, facial hair, maybe tattoos? Is there gonna be horses like there are in Oblivion? Weather effects such as rain/snow/day and night?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to know how much role playing and free roam this game has before I think about buying it. Thanks =]

#2ronnetPosted 1/27/2011 2:24:28 PM

rikku300 posted...

I watched a demo of this game, and so far it looks amazing, the graphics are awesome and the combat looks pretty fun. But I was wondering how much of this game is free roam? Have you got an open map to run around in like in Oblivion? Are there side missions you can do apart from the story line? Also, is there any character customization in this game? I know that we are stuck with the guy with white hair, but can you change his armor/clothes, hairstyle, facial hair, maybe tattoos? Is there gonna be horses like there are in Oblivion? Weather effects such as rain/snow/day and night?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to know how much role playing and free roam this game has before I think about buying it. Thanks =]

Are those the only kind or RPGs you like? This game has some costumization as in useful upgrades to weapons and armor but this isnt a sandbox or openworld RPG. There is a little bit of freeroaming involved to do side activities. But it is a very story based game. You do make choices with will have a more significant impact because the choices and consequences are framed within the story. You can't compair it with full openworld RPGs such as Morrowind and Oblivion, it is similiar to Gothic and Risen. A classic European build RPG in a modern package.

#3koospetoorsPosted 2/25/2011 3:35:46 PM
You're asking for a completely different game here, Witcher plays a lot more like Knights of the Old Republic and such. Its completely story-driven, albeit semi-linear in the way that you can explore and do side-quests in the area (or usually a whole bunch of areas) that the story is currently unfolding in.