Any way to unlocked locked doors?

#11Tobias_Is_QueenPosted 4/19/2012 12:08:57 PM
use the unlock spell? or pick the lock?

i dont know, i just started the game, i just guessed, since its an rpg with magic and stuff, magic spells and lockpicking should be available later on

... Wow. zender1999 - I know you (possibly) think you were trying to help, but do you see how answering a question without any idea WTF you're talking about could actually make things more difficult for people who are trying to find credible answers? Like - would you give someone directions to a place, assuming you had no idea where it was? Because you just did. ****ing incredible...

<deep breath> I'm okay now.

Anyways, from a design stand point I like that they have a bunch of locked doors with no keys - it's way more true to life. Also, sometimes it's obvious where to go next in a game because "oh look, there's only one usable door" which can kill my immersion... however, the old school <slash> meta-gamer in me wants to find every possible item and see every location, and so sometimes I'll end up wasting an hour (or more, sometimes) trying to get past an unlockable door. <shrug> Such is life.
---
I farted on a little girl in a crowded elevator in a Children's hospital before - Snake_Puppy
#12Shy420(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 5:19:52 PM
Tobias_Is_Queen posted...
the old school <slash> meta-gamer in me wants to find every possible item and see every location, and so sometimes I'll end up wasting an hour (or more, sometimes) trying to get past an unlockable door. <shrug> Such is life.

Exactly, a locked door, in my mind, means there's glorious treasure or that ever elusive next best weapon behind it.

I guess because of the design of the locked door I thought there was some way to get passed it.
---
Franks Red Hot...
I put that **** on everything.
#13Estabon1Posted 4/19/2012 5:30:56 PM
Even in this day and age, sometimes a locked door is just that: a locked door, nothing else. Once you find 5 locked doors in the prologue that obviously have no way past them, it should be pretty easy to catch on to the fact that when you come across a locked door, it probably doesn't open, but there may be a key in it. Especially for people with enough logic to rip zender a new virtual a******. Not saying he was right to just throw something out there like that, eve nmore so considering the fact that all the abilities are laid out in the manual, but that was harsh! XD Frankly, I don't see this game having some extremely obtuse way of opening doors. Granted, I've only played the prologue, but goodies seem to be hidden in plain sight (i.e. the Temerian sword in the sewer). :P
---
XBL GT: Estabon89
From a problematic PC to a whiney girlfriend, nothing beats a foot full of fury.- Bubs