Place Of Power Help...

#1VodooPosted 4/20/2012 1:49:20 PM

In the very beginning of the prologue, in the camp, I was in a corner behind some soldiers standing around a camp fire and this "place of power" thing pops up and told me to activate it with the witcher medallion. I did and then there was this circular timer type thing at the top center of the screen. What is that? Did I just enable the place of power and then need to find it within the time limit?

#2mst3kfan78Posted 4/20/2012 1:50:47 PM
Places of Power give you a bonus to a stat and that timer is showing how long that bonus is available.
---
I've been teabagging his lifeless body by repeatedly crouching over him for 36 hours straight now. I'm typing this message with my free hand. sooo tired
#3fffezPosted 4/20/2012 1:50:50 PM
That's how long you have the bonus on for.
---
GT:sooo fetch
#4Vodoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 1:54:53 PM

So it's not permanent? Also... the runes, or whatever they're called that you enhance your sword with, are they permanent or timed? Can I use more than 1 at a time? Can I use runes and oils together? If I have 1 rune enhancement on my sword, then I use another, does it take the first one off or add to it?

#5fffezPosted 4/20/2012 2:02:16 PM(edited)

So it's not permanent?

No

Also... the runes, or whatever they're called that you enhance your sword with, are they permanent or timed? Can I use more than 1 at a time?

Runes are permanent, whetstones aren't. If you have enough slots, you can use multiple runes (circle next to weapon)

Can I use runes and oils together?

Yes. Go nuts. There's no limit on using oils.

If I have 1 rune enhancement on my sword, then I use another, does it take the first one off or add to it?

It adds to it. Also I've noticed that rune enhancements only apply where you have the weapon out (Reason I say this is because I have a vitality enhancement on a sword, and whenever I would sheathe it my screen acted like I took damage. I'm assuming this is the vitality enhancement wearing off)
---
#6Vodoo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 2:15:25 PM

Thanx for the help guys. I'm not a hardcore rpg player so this game seems overwhelming to me right now until I get the hang of it. I only really have liked Bioware rpg's, lke KotOR 1 & 2, Jade Empire and Mass Effect 1,2, & 3. I tried Morrowind, Fallout, and Oblivion and couldn't get into them at all. Was just to time consuming and micro-managing. Because of that, I didn't even try Skyrim. However, I did really like Demons Souls on the PS3. Haven't played Dark Souls yet. So I figure I have a 50/50 shot at liking this game and I really want to like it. So I'm hoping that once I get past this intimidating learning curve, I'll really like it.

#7fffezPosted 4/20/2012 2:19:43 PM
This game isn't for everyone..so don't feel bad if it's not for you. Once you get the hang out of it's amazing. The choice/decision system is top notch.
---