Foltest was the only King I didn't want to personally gut.

#1th3warr1orPosted 4/27/2012 9:35:19 PM
Henselt is a bastard.
Radovid is a bastard.
Stennis is a bastard.

Sure, Foltest had a weird sex life, but otherwise, he's the only king I didn't utterly despise 10minutes after meeting them.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#2black murasame63Posted 4/27/2012 9:46:03 PM
Foltest was awesome on the Witcher I. He was a likable king IMO.
---
Why is it so hard to come up with a sig?! I'll write bleh for now!
#3Quorthon109Posted 4/27/2012 10:22:45 PM
Foltest was easily the most likeable one for me too, although I'm pretty sure I heard someone in the game mention he wasn't too fond of non-humans. I didn't play the first game though so I'm not sure how true that is.

Natalis seemed ok as well even though he's just a steward/regent.
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/1zny8ol.jpg
#4GateCaptainPosted 4/27/2012 10:32:44 PM
black murasame63 posted...
Foltest was awesome on the Witcher I. He was a likable king IMO.

Yeah he will be missed :|
#5Ajd_KingPosted 4/27/2012 10:37:24 PM
Is Stennis really that bad?

I haven't done the Iorveth path yet, so maybe that's why I don' know.
---
"Give me back my face."
"No."
#6th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 11:31:53 PM(edited)
Ajd_King posted...

*SPOILER*

Stennis poisoned Saskia. He's also extremely condescending towards Geralt.

Quorthon109 posted...

Generally the Temerians are the least jackass in the whole game.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#7Tweedle_Dum_IIIPosted 4/28/2012 12:51:38 AM
Ajd_King posted...

They dwarves call him Prince Penis for a reason.
#8DeanoPosted 4/28/2012 3:10:42 AM
th3warr1or posted...
Ajd_King posted...

*SPOILER*

Stennis poisoned Saskia. He's also extremely condescending towards Geralt.

Quorthon109 posted...

Generally the Temerians are the least jackass in the whole game.
---

it wasn't stennis, he had nothing to gain from it

philippa did it so she could then cast the other spell on saskia to charm her, although there was no trial so it isn't resolved ingame because stennis isn't proved innocent either to the peasants.
#9woodymPosted 4/28/2012 3:31:21 AM
Deano posted...

th3warr1or posted...

Ajd_King posted...Is Stennis really that bad?I haven't done the Iorveth path yet, so maybe that's why I don' know.*SPOILER*Stennis poisoned Saskia. He's also extremely condescending towards Geralt. Quorthon109 posted...Natalis seemed ok as well even though he's just a steward/regent.Generally the Temerians are the least jackass in the whole game.---I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!

it wasn't stennis, he had nothing to gain from it

philippa did it so she could then cast the other spell on saskia to charm her, although there was no trial so it isn't resolved ingame because stennis isn't proved innocent either to the peasants.

Actually it was revealled in Act 3 to be Stennis who poisoned her. The poison that was used against Saskia was really strong that no human would have survived. why would Phillipa, who had no knowledge of saskia being a dragon until she was poioned, kill her when she needed her for the Lodge of sorceresses plans. She knew there was more to saskia when she survived the initial effects of the poison and that put in motion of events of introducing a controlling agent into the cure. She used the situation to her advantage.

During the interogating people, you can go to Thoraks house after doing the quest to find out what had happened to the last Rune master, there is a note in a chest that points to a person connected to stennis, it was revealed then in Act 3 that stennis ordered the poisoning of saskia. He has more reason to poison her due to her being this symbol of a character in the country Aedern that alot of people are getting behind, uniting both peasant and noble alike as well as getting the support of dwarves and elves. Why would he want someone like that in the country he rules?
---
I'm not angry, just disappointed
#10krokkoPosted 4/28/2012 3:40:56 AM

SPOILERS

It's actually not clear who did it. You can get one of those animated sequences in which Stennis is called "the poisoner" but there is no conclusive evidence that he did it, it's only implied. Right at the end of act 2 / start of act 3 the journal entry for "vergen besieged" reads:

"Among Philippa Eilhard's abandoned possessions, Gerald learned a shocking truth. It turned out it was the sorceress that poisoned the Dragonslayer ! Our hero had no idea what caused her to do so. But he guessed his finding was a trail of a bigger intrigue and saw all the previous mysteries in a new light."

This bit of text could be referring to the mind control poision / spell though.

I think you're meant to think Stennis poisoned her, but you can't be sure of it.