From here on, no further arena points will be awarded. What? Aww, man.

#1MoukaryuuPosted 4/29/2012 11:41:28 AM
This is just dumb. I've already beaten the game, so whatever incentive there was to create a new Geralt for the arena is pretty much destroyed when they take away the arena points after a single death. Seems to me, it would've been better to simply penalize the player a percentage of his earned arena points for each death.
---
The Witcher 2 is the best RPG I've played in a long time. It's a perfect middle ground between KoA and Skyrim.
#2Unresolved777Posted 4/29/2012 11:51:54 AM
I think you're the first person I've ever seen complain about this.
---
PSN: Unresoived
#3Moukaryuu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 12:19:49 PM
It's a minor complaint brought on by not being able to save in the arena. If one were good enough, one could conceivably play this mode for hours, but without the ability to save, there's little point. If I want to create a new Geralt, I'll just start a new game in story mode.
---
The Witcher 2 is the best RPG I've played in a long time. It's a perfect middle ground between KoA and Skyrim.
#4MertensCWPosted 4/29/2012 12:20:36 PM
Could be worst.

I was having my best run in the arena and then the last enemy in a round got stuck and invincible.. Had to kill myself on the fire, otherwise it would have been a complete waste.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#5mrmontiePosted 4/29/2012 12:36:06 PM
Is everyone talking about the arena in the tutorial in these posts? The arena in chapter 2 was way shorter and easier than I was expecting. I haven't read the achievement list at all since this is my first playthrough and I didn't want any spoilers.
#6AlethirPosted 4/29/2012 2:35:47 PM
I actually agree with the TC, that wouldve been better than simply letting you play but just for jollies. Even if it was quite a drastic cut, like half your points per death or something. Arena is just meant to be a mini game anyway, so it seems even more pointless (except for the hardcore I suppose) to make it once you die you stop earning anything. I'll only play it once for the Achievements now, after 2 playthroughs back to back I'm getting a little burned out of Geralt (as cool as he is).
#7elijahsearlePosted 4/29/2012 2:51:02 PM
Why is it dumb? The whole point of the arena is too see how far you get without dying, and test a potential build for single player/see what works well.

The only thing points do is...um...compare you to the rest of XBL?
Honestly I feel this is the stupidest complaint I've heard >.<

Without the death aspect, someone could suck, gain all the best armor/weapons and level up, and they could just rack up points cause its easy.
With death, everything is even. Oh, you died? Try again.
---
Call me topic killer! For whenever I post, a thread is doomed to get no replies!
#8dmljrPosted 4/29/2012 3:27:06 PM

Is everyone talking about the arena in the tutorial in these posts? The arena in chapter 2 was way shorter and easier than I was expecting.

No they are talking about arena mode. It is separate from the main game, selectable at the main menu, It has 30 unique enemies waves then it starts repeating, After every win you pick from 1 of 3 random items, $ and points(how many depends on difficulty and performance). After every wave win or lose you gain a level until you max out at level 35, plus you can shop, or recruit a helper. Once recruited the 2 male helpers will let you play the mini games and the sorceress will let you re-spec once.
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178
#9D_GryphonPosted 4/29/2012 9:00:33 PM
It's a survival mode, the fact that they even let you continue on, points or not is a bit generous.
#10cjjohnstonPosted 4/29/2012 9:11:54 PM
Its too bad you can't get the adrenaline power based achievements in arena.

Besides that, its fun to try different builds without going through the story.