dragon scales. iorveths path part 3

#1SleazyDPosted 5/5/2012 2:39:46 PM
I did not get the notes in Ch 2 so I can not meet the operator. Is there any other surefire way to get scales? Does anyone drop them? I'm trying to make the kinslayer armor set.
---
How're you gonna keep them down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus?
#2YiddosRulePosted 5/5/2012 2:46:46 PM
You can't get the notes on Iorveth's path anyway. There is a dragon scale in Philipa's room so get it there.
#3SeekerOfPastHorPosted 5/5/2012 3:01:41 PM(edited)
The Witcher Wiki claims you can find a dragon scale in "one of the crates in the Temerian Quarter", but I have yet to confirm that personally.

Also, you CAN get Malget's notes on Iorveth's path, actually, when you're on the Kaedweni side of the Pontar for the "Where is Triss Merigold" and/or "Royal Blood" quests.
#4YiddosRulePosted 5/5/2012 4:49:09 PM
SeekerOfPastHor posted...
The Witcher Wiki claims you can find a dragon scale in "one of the crates in the Temerian Quarter", but I have yet to confirm that personally.

Also, you CAN get Malget's notes on Iorveth's path, actually, when you're on the Kaedweni side of the Pontar for the "Where is Triss Merigold" and/or "Royal Blood" quests.

No you can't. The cellar door is locked and you cannot gain entrance.
#5woodymPosted 5/5/2012 5:41:33 PM
I searched the Temerian quarters thoroughly and never found one, either way you can get a dragon scale in both paths from Philipas house, its to the right of the Inn.
---
Signature.
#6SeekerOfPastHorPosted 5/5/2012 11:27:03 PM
The cellar door starts locked on Roche's path, too, but there's a way to open it. The same is true in Iorveth's path - just do the puzzle with the bone shapes.
#7tomo012Posted 5/8/2012 9:45:04 PM
No, you cannot enter the cellar. As the previous poster mentioned it is locked and cannot be opened.
#8SeekerOfPastHorPosted 5/9/2012 2:59:35 AM(edited)
But... I've entered it. Multiple times. Just like you do on Roche's path. And I got the notes, a hundred percent sure.

O_o

Edit: And here, look, this walkthrough agrees with me (http://www.gamebanshee.com/thewitcher2/walkthrough/chapter2whereistrissmerigoldiorveth.php):
"After you've done all the steps you could in Where Is Triss Merigold? (and Royal Blood) there's one last thing worthy of visit located at #17. In the cellars of the hut, you'll find Malget's notes which are used in the quest From a Bygone Era in Act III. To reach them, remove the stack of barrels with Aard first, and then drop down into the basement. You'll have to solve a mini puzzle. The correct order is (looking at the bone ornaments) - reverse caret - diamond - caret. Caret is this character - ^. An additional cellar will open and you'll find the notes."
#9tomo012Posted 5/9/2012 9:52:56 AM
But... I've entered it. Multiple times. Just like you do on Roche's path. And I got the notes, a hundred percent sure.

O_o

Edit: And here, look, this walkthrough agrees with me (http://www.gamebanshee.com/thewitcher2/walkthrough/chapter2whereistrissmerigoldiorveth.php):
"After you've done all the steps you could in Where Is Triss Merigold? (and Royal Blood) there's one last thing worthy of visit located at #17. In the cellars of the hut, you'll find Malget's notes which are used in the quest From a Bygone Era in Act III. To reach them, remove the stack of barrels with Aard first, and then drop down into the basement. You'll have to solve a mini puzzle. The correct order is (looking at the bone ornaments) - reverse caret - diamond - caret. Caret is this character - ^. An additional cellar will open and you'll find the notes."

Unless you're playing on a PC it is NOT possible on the 360.

So, no you didn't get the notes if you're playing this on the 360 on Iorveth's path.
#10YiddosRulePosted 5/9/2012 10:05:12 AM
SeekerOfPastHor posted...

O_o

This is wrong. As I said before, on Iorveth's path the cellar is blocked, period. You really shouldn't quote something without having actually done it yourself.