Stennis and Saskia Chapter II (Spoilers)

#1WrathofAchillesPosted 5/7/2012 1:10:38 AM(edited)
You know... I really wanted to like him. In the very beginning of Chapter II when you side with Iorveth the comments he makes with Olcan and Saskia seem to convey all the nobles abandoned him and that he'd be all but forgotten. And Olcan tries to call Saskia the devil and he defends both her and states clearly she's the only one who hasn't betrayed him.

And depending on your dialogue choices with Henselt he comes off as someone who could become a good king. Yet, when you need royal blood to help Saskia he refuses at first... (which I think I can forgive as he seems to think he has to die for it... and the idea that she's "a peasant" while he's a prince...the whole idea his world is crashing around him when all normal "rules of society" he has come to know are basically gone)...then when you explain more he flat out refuses again to help her.

I know they purposely pushed for him to have had an indirect hand in her poisoning but I really fell like he could have been a likeable character had he at least slit his hand to give some blood. In the end he's just like Henselt and Radovid... **** rulers.

Hell, before you learn Saskia's true identity and before his refusal to shed a drop of blood to save her, (after she carried him from the mist no less), I thought the two of them could have made a strong and good couple as king and queen. But...twas not to be.

Anyone else have similar thoughts? Or am I thinking into this way too much?
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#2VelranPosted 5/7/2012 1:05:47 AM
I agree. Then I found out the truth behind Saskia's poisoning and let the mob have him.
#3SeekerOfPastHorPosted 5/7/2012 1:18:41 AM
Whereas I never liked nor trusted Stennis. Not sure why. He doesn't even have a goatee.

Maybe it's the golden armor. I keep expecting him to call me a mongrel and shoot swords (reference cookie, anyone?).
#4WrathofAchilles(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 1:32:35 AM(edited)
SeekerOfPastHor posted...
Whereas I never liked nor trusted Stennis. Not sure why. He doesn't even have a goatee.

Maybe it's the golden armor. I keep expecting him to call me a mongrel and shoot swords (reference cookie, anyone?).

God...I feel like I know this too...

*sigh*

...no cookie for me apparently.
---
#5th3warr1orPosted 5/7/2012 2:47:41 AM
I hate Stennis.

Or rather, hated, since that sonofa... is dead now.

In fact the only king I liked was Foltest. Even Saskia is quite the ungrateful woman.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#6WrathofAchilles(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 3:01:10 AM
th3warr1or posted...
Even Saskia is quite the ungrateful woman.

Really? Since when? Did I miss something?
---
#7th3warr1orPosted 5/7/2012 7:37:51 AM
WrathofAchilles posted...
th3warr1or posted...

"You'll always be a welcome guest in Upper Aedirn/Vergen... and I emphasize guest."

Seriously? You wouldn't even have that kingdom if not for Geralt.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#8WrathofAchilles(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 1:38:40 PM
th3warr1or posted...
WrathofAchilles posted...
th3warr1or posted...

"You'll always be a welcome guest in Upper Aedirn/Vergen... and I emphasize guest."

Seriously? You wouldn't even have that kingdom if not for Geralt.

Oh God that's right. You know...when that happened I thought my hearing was off. I was shocked too. You save her life and free her from Phillipa...(mind you she saves you in the Vergen mines but she still owes you)...and she pulled that. I wondered why that is...is it because no matter where you go Witcher's are just never accepted and the people would have issues? Is it because you might draw more enemies to the fledgling kingdom? It was a very interesting comment and potentially one I thought was out of character.
---
#9EpicMasterMindPosted 5/7/2012 2:31:41 PM

Do you have enough swords, King of Heroes?
---
"Epic should just take over all the characters from everyone. Then we'll have the best Rp ever."--Chickenfrogman
#10SeekerOfPastHorPosted 5/7/2012 10:49:57 PM
EpicMasterMind posted...
Do you have enough swords, King of Heroes?

Ding ding ding! Cookie launched! =D