A little dissapointed by the endings

#1MrSusan101Posted 5/7/2012 2:21:48 AM
It seems no matter what you do the North is in utter chaos and ill prepared to fight Nilfgaard.
---
"You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything." Cyhortl82
#2VelranPosted 5/7/2012 2:31:01 AM
Nilfgaard attacks regardless of what you do. However, depending on your choices, the North does have a fighting chance.
#3MrSusan101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:56:31 AM
Velran posted...
Nilfgaard attacks regardless of what you do. However, depending on your choices, the North does have a fighting chance.

I dont see how, everyone is too busy trying to come out on top- no matter what you do there's little pockets of resistance but not enough (baring a miracle) to stop a massive well organised force like Nilgaard.
Maybe if this was a slightly less cynical game then the plucky underdogs would smash the empire, but in this game it's highly unlikely.
---
"You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything." Cyhortl82
#4VojtassPosted 5/7/2012 4:22:20 AM
@MrSusan101

What ending did you expect?
#5MrSusan101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 4:30:27 AM
Vojtass posted...
@MrSusan101

What ending did you expect?

Something a little more positive and a little less muddy perhaps, but I guess I should have expected it.
---
#6HisahidePosted 5/7/2012 4:35:17 AM
That's reality for you.
If a few kingdoms spend all their time focusing on each other and their petty squabbles, it leaves them open to being conquered by a different empire or kingdom. Rome did it, alexander and Macedonia did it, and countless other examples.

It's what makes this game quite good in the story department. Their is no magical happy ending, it takes time for relations and such to heal and improve, and sadly, the north has its pants down on its feet and the elven empire is ready to take what it waited for. They won't wait for new kingdoms to form, and new kings to lead the common folk. They'd be quite stupid to not take this excellent chance.
#7CragnousPosted 5/7/2012 4:49:16 AM

The ending is perfect, Letho did a damn good job.

Best ending to prepare the War is to take Roche's path and to Kill Henselt. That way Radovik takes control of all the north.

Otherwise on Iorverth's path, let Stennis live, that way all 3 kindoms are intact and Temeria is divided.

Then on act 3 Iorverth, i say freeing Triss and letting Saskia go might be better. Sure Saskis is still controlled by Phillipa but at least they are also against Nilfgaard. And saving Triss restores the magic conclave, other there's a bug witch hunt and i bet the north will need sorcerers against the south.

*Not sure about act 1. Sure it's better for the people of Flotsam if Loredo is dead but if he lives he sells the city to the army and it becomes a military base, would be usefull in war...

#8MrSusan101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 5:06:28 AM
cragnous posted...
That way Radovik takes control of all the north.

Considering he's a supporter of the Knights of the Flaming Rose that is a very bad thing.

Pretty much the only thing that works out semi ok in my mind is if you save triss- the lodge is dissolved and the conclave is established to act like a go-between for the kingdoms.
Unfortunately that means that either Roche is an outlaw or Saskia is dead/mindraped.
It just feels like no matter what Ive do everything is still screwed.
---
#9VojtassPosted 5/7/2012 5:29:22 AM

The 'problem' with TW2 ending is that, there's no simple conclusion. There's no black or white summary. There's always something wrong (e.g. dragon's death, Saskia's mindcontrolled, chaos in Aedirn or Temeria, but most of all: Nilfgaard invasion). Geralt is not omnipotent guy who can save the world. This is great, because so different from traditional RPG cliche.

#10eldanonPosted 5/7/2012 6:05:28 AM
To me it seems they're clearly thinking of making Nilfgaard war a big part of TW3 so yes Nilfgaard will be attacking no matter what.... however what shape the North is in depends a lot on you.