Witcher 2 or Dragons Dogma?

#1TripThree74Posted 5/8/2012 8:56:49 PM
Witch should I buy?
---
To George Lucas: Please die and do the world a favor so JJ Abrams can resurrect Star Wars.
#2KontroLz85Posted 5/8/2012 8:59:25 PM
I don't know, haven't played Dragons Dogma yet.
---
don't blame the game the game can't corrupt it's on save
#3mrmontiePosted 5/8/2012 9:03:12 PM
Dragons Dogma has a demo, so I'd say start there. Personally I thought it was really terrible. Kind of like WoW but with you being the only real person. The other "party members" yell stuff constantly and it all shows up on the screen. If the demo is a decent representation then the game seems truly terrible.

I thought the Kingdoms of Amalur demo was more promising and vaguely in the same vein as Dragons Dogma. TW2 is very different from either of them and what I'd call a better game.
#4Enoch_ChingPosted 5/8/2012 9:27:51 PM
i'd say get this game. tried the demo, and dunno how well it's going to hold up. Maybe in a couple of games they'll get it right, but as of now...eh DD is really passable.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator due to subversive content]
PSN and GT: sc1sserblade
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 5/8/2012 9:41:39 PM
Remember though DD is a Capcom game. But wait till later this month.
---
My Kingdoms of Amalur Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/991144-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/reviews/review-150513
#6RandomTask81Posted 5/8/2012 10:13:06 PM
Get both if you can.

Dragon's Dogma is nothing like WoW. The only thing they have in common is that you fight mythical beasts in an open world. Dragon's Dogma is more akin to Monster Hunter and Dark Souls.

I'm really excited for Dragon's Dogma. While I wait for that to come out I am currently finishing the Witcher 2 and plan to play Diablo 3 when that comes out.

Witcher 2 on PC is so good.
---
``'~-.,_,..-~'```'~ Random Task~'```'~-.,_,.-~'``
.._,.-~'`-`'~-.,The President of Japan .,_,.-~'`~`'
#7Kurama2Posted 5/8/2012 10:30:00 PM
mrmontie posted...
Dragons Dogma has a demo, so I'd say start there. Personally I thought it was really terrible. Kind of like WoW but with you being the only real person. The other "party members" yell stuff constantly and it all shows up on the screen. If the demo is a decent representation then the game seems truly terrible.

That's the dumbest comparison I have heard in a while.

The DD demo is an E3 tech demo that's nearly a year old.
---
Leaf
#8luishiram613Posted 5/8/2012 10:34:00 PM
tuff one idk , i loved the witcher and am desperately waiting for D.D. , i dont go by reviews but gane informer gave DD a 8.5...but witcher is amazing..so is dd
#9S1CKBOY884Posted 5/8/2012 10:55:24 PM
mrmontie posted...

When I played it I didn't see the WoW comparison, but I do take your point of everything showing up on screen.

Looked a bit cluttered to me, maybe you get used to it but first impression was little user unfriendly.

Then again, as has been mentioned, that's a year old tech demo, so maybe things have changed?

You'd think you'd want to put the best representation out of the game possible if your aim was to convince people to buy it though...
---
Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.
#10mrmontiePosted 5/8/2012 11:00:01 PM
well its the only demo available, so...

Dumbest comparison? first off it was only based on what a 5 minute demo? Bunch of people running around with their names showing on the screen along with inane comments while you go around a not terribly well rendered dungeon and people try to swarm onto a big beastie with no real organization while some of them are casting healing spells in a support role and all is a little chaotic.

No. totally not like my experience with WoW at all.