Gargoyles

#1im_a_double_xlPosted 5/9/2012 6:58:08 AM
These things are kicking my butt at the beginning of chapter 3. Any tips on fighting them. I feel I need better armor, but I can't craft the draugir armor. I was waiting til I got all the materials, but after I got the draugir essence, all the shops in Vergen closed. Any help would be appreciated, and please no sarcastic comments.
#2eldanonPosted 5/9/2012 7:03:04 AM
Not being sarcastic but the best thing to do is don't get hit. Yes, most fights in this game can be accomplished without getting hit. Jump in, hit with a strong attack, dodge away, roll and hit, hit and roll. That should be second nature by the time you see gargoyles anyway really =)
#3EtroAnimePosted 5/9/2012 7:06:33 AM
Aard is your friend against these guys it can stun them and give you chance to use a finisher against them.
---
Waiting for: The Last Story & Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Now Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles
#4TXLonghornsPosted 5/9/2012 7:10:12 AM
^ As above, I would aard them all and about 50% of the time would get a finisher on my next hit which really helped clear the horde of gargoyles.
#5im_a_double_xl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 8:07:43 AM
I know about rolling, but it's hard with this camera. More often than not I roll into an area I can't get out of. The golem killed me because I somehow managed to roll behing the chest and couldn't get out.
#6AndroguntherPosted 5/9/2012 8:57:40 AM
Every fight in the game I first throw a few bombs and then start rolling behind enemies with light-heavy attack combo. If someone tries to hit me I just block or roll outta the way. Repeat. Oh, and of course Quen all the time on.
---
I've got an itchy finger and there'll be hell to pay
I'm gonna pull the trigger and blow them all away...
#7MertensCWPosted 5/9/2012 1:08:56 PM
I have Bomb damage maxed, so a couple of them, a hit or two and done.

Oh and it helps to lock on when using bombs, much faster than aiming them yourself.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#8wemo14Posted 5/10/2012 5:41:02 PM
There's a pathway around that will lead you into an arachas ambush... Yeah that sounds bad but bear with me. You walk in, arachas appears... guess what? There's another one behind you, so watch it. Deal with them and you'll find a silver sword called the Deithwin. Mine does 48-55 damage and does 25% more damage to gargoyles and large enemies.
---
Carpe Diem
#9jackstar_rockPosted 5/12/2012 5:46:13 AM
Does Aard work on them on dark difficulty?