Two questions, one about the books...

#1Koelker12Posted 5/9/2012 8:39:21 PM
So I just beat the first Witcher about twenty minutes ago after on-and-off playing over the past year and a half. Maybe longer. I just kept getting stuck and refused to use a guide, and some parts were awfully slow. Anyways, now that I've sat down and tackled the rest, I was really impressed with the game overall, especially the latter half when everything picks up and comes together. The ending was great IMO.

I'm waiting for some sort of price drop or deal before I buy the sequel on Xbox. My laptop could run the first game on medium-high settings, but apparently I won't be able to run the sequel without it looking like absolute garbage and having the frame-rate of a child's first attempt at claymation.

That being said, do choices from the first game carry over if you played the game on PC, ala Mass Effect or Dragon Age? Depending on what happens in the sequel, (and I don't need spoilers) I could see some of the choices from the first game having a bit of impact and I could also see them just sort of generalizing everything. If this transfer exists, what happens for Xbox? Lame default choices? That'd be a bummer.

My second question is about the books. While I'm waiting to get the game I thought I might read the novels since they're apparently very good. How many have been translated to english? I only saw two on the B&N website. Also, would anyone recommend I read the two short story collection novels first (Last Wish, I think one is called) or can I just skip to the Witcher saga with the 5 novels. Thanks for any answers.
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
#2Yuri HyugaPosted 5/9/2012 8:55:21 PM(edited)
For the book thing only one novel is in English. Blood of Elves.

I think a second is coming out sometime this year in English.
#3SydLosttarotPosted 5/9/2012 9:28:50 PM
Times of Contempt is coming out at the end of the year, but it's still out of sequence. Here's a thread link for more info about the books, and there are links to fan translations. Go in order.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997903-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-enhanced-edition/62653300