The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is Dark Armor even worth it?

#1SandalFuryPosted 5/23/2012 7:20:44 PM
I didn't even bother with the Act 1 armor, figured I'd save up for Act 2... but all this studded leather, hardened leather, robust cloth, and diamond dust... it can't possibly be worth the time spent farming harpies and calculating how much of X I need to make Y amout of Z, can it? Almost nobody in Vergen even sells this stuff. In combat, I'm either Quen'd or rolling around waiting for vigor to regenerate, so I rarely get hit. I know you need the full set to wield the swords, but are they even that good? This seems completely pointless.

And the armor doesn't even look that cool!
---
You better pay my hospital bills if you're gonna make me facepalm that hard.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 5/23/2012 8:05:17 PM
I never bothered with Dark Armour and I did just fine.
---
My The Witcher 2 EE GameFAQs Review:
http://tinyurl.com/cpmywl5
#3T2_InzzanePosted 5/24/2012 12:15:07 AM
I made both, Act 1 and 2 (still in Act 2). Grinding Harpies to sell the feathers took me ~40Min. So its not that hard. But need? No I dont think you need them, Quen is all a Witcher needs ;)
#4eldanonPosted 5/24/2012 8:06:21 AM
It's not worth it because the point of Dark Mode is to make the game harder... if you grind for the armor set, you might as well lower the difficulty level if you're not looking for a challenge.

Unless of course you're one of the kids that just loves to see a meaningless gamerscore number click upwards for the dark mode achievement.
#5MertensCWPosted 5/24/2012 8:22:15 AM
Not really, but the Oathbreaker Armor is one of the best looking in the game and worth it for added encumbrance.

Skip the Blasphemer and Kinslayer set, but do go for the 2nd set or just the Armor.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.