Anyone else get locked out of Chastain Heights subway shortcut?

#1EVIL TENHENMANPosted 3/23/2012 5:12:36 PM
When I got the coat for the bum in the "Will WOrk for Food" sidequest, I some how got locked out of using the Chastain Heights shortcut. I just completed the quest completely and Im still locked out of using this shortcut for some reason. Has this occurred to anyone else? If so, is there a way to unlock it again?
#2mattgalloPosted 3/23/2012 5:30:45 PM
Yup. I had a topic on this last week. Seems to be happening to a few people, and not just Chastain heights.
#3RayconPosted 3/23/2012 6:40:19 PM
I don't know which is which, but in my game I'm not fully convinced being locked out was a glitch... I'm not terribly familiar with the names of parts of town, but I know the Hillside to Hoboside (place where hobo is) was working up until about the point I unlocked the next path or two.

But it wasn't completely a "lock out." Instead I found the subway shortcut from Hillside continued to the shortcut just on the other side of the movie theater (only a stone's throw from Hoboside), so more or less I always had a fast way back and forth between those areas.

Unless people are finding themselves locked out in ways beside the one I described, in which case I'm sorry.

= (
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#4AmethystEndPosted 3/23/2012 6:45:29 PM

I don't know which is which, but in my game I'm not fully convinced being locked out was a glitch... I'm not terribly familiar with the names of parts of town, but I know the Hillside to Hoboside (place where hobo is) was working up until about the point I unlocked the next path or two.

But it wasn't completely a "lock out." Instead I found the subway shortcut from Hillside continued to the shortcut just on the other side of the movie theater (only a stone's throw from Hoboside), so more or less I always had a fast way back and forth between those areas.

Unless people are finding themselves locked out in ways beside the one I described, in which case I'm sorry.

= (

For me, Chastain to Pearl Creek, Chastain to Hillside, Hillside to Pearl Creek, Pearl Creek to Hillside all re-locked. All I've got access to are Port District to Pearl Creek, and Pleasant River to Pearl Creek.
---
The Distant Blue
#5RayconPosted 3/23/2012 6:53:23 PM
Pearl Creek to Hillside all re-locked.

This was the big one I noticed (I think...) but the subway from Hillside goes further than the first stop and that's the one that worked for me.

But if they're all relocking, then perhaps it really is an issue... My mistake.
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#6AmethystEndPosted 3/23/2012 6:55:43 PM

Pearl Creek to Hillside all re-locked.

This was the big one I noticed (I think...) but the subway from Hillside goes further than the first stop and that's the one that worked for me.

But if they're all relocking, then perhaps it really is an issue... My mistake.

You're referring to Hillside to Chastain. That's locked for me too, and that's the one I miss the most.
---
The Distant Blue
#7RayconPosted 3/23/2012 7:04:15 PM
Oh, well then you're probably right. Someone should inform the developers about this in addition to the framerate issues. This seems kind of important.
---
a tasty death - kloud 11
#8AmethystEndPosted 3/23/2012 7:06:10 PM
Well, when I think about it, if they fix the framerate issues, I wouldn't mind running through the town instead of using the subways.
---
The Distant Blue
#9Sabin99992000Posted 3/24/2012 7:01:51 PM
I just got hit with this and everything except pearl to port is locked again and my hobo is dead on the floor...

Have any of you instead of using the subway walk your way through the town until the game goes dark and starts loading? Ex. Logan's park or the Apartments.
---
[SMD]
#10RayconPosted 3/24/2012 7:07:20 PM

Have any of you instead of using the subway walk your way through the town until the game goes dark and starts loading? Ex. Logan's park or the Apartments.

I do. I use the subway maybe at the halfway point of the game (for the sake of time) but I've made a habit of doing every available sidequest in each area so I have a minimal amount of backtracking.

Of course, someone new to the game wouldn't be armed with that knowledge, so my heart goes out to those players.

= (
---
a tasty death - kloud 11