Call signs (spoilers)

#1MattMotleyPosted 3/14/2012 11:20:00 AM
I asked this in the answers section as well, but I just got to the police station and began the call signs quest, but there's no prompt to put in the call signs on the dispatch radio. Prima Games puts the solution for the quest as:

D375
C466
B557
A648

I don't want to spend half the game dodging 5-0 because there's a bug near startup. I'm playing on the PS3 version, is anyone else getting this problem? Is it something where you can't input the code on the dispatch radio right off the bat, or is this a PS3 specific bug?

It's right as you first explore the police station after the train ride, right after you first enter Silent Hill. After you cross the beam into the train station, Murphy will comment on the call signs for the police cars posted on the chalkboard to his left, triggering the side quest. The dispatch radio to recall the cars is in the same room, adjacent to a room with a regular radio and the first painting for the "Art Collector" side quest. The dispatch radio doesn't give me a prompt to start messing with it and input the codes.
#2j17neoPosted 3/14/2012 11:26:11 AM

MattMotley posted...
I asked this in the answers section as well, but I just got to the police station and began the call signs quest, but there's no prompt to put in the call signs on the dispatch radio. Prima Games puts the solution for the quest as:

D375
C466
B557
A648

I don't want to spend half the game dodging 5-0 because there's a bug near startup. I'm playing on the PS3 version, is anyone else getting this problem? Is it something where you can't input the code on the dispatch radio right off the bat, or is this a PS3 specific bug?

It's right as you first explore the police station after the train ride, right after you first enter Silent Hill. After you cross the beam into the train station, Murphy will comment on the call signs for the police cars posted on the chalkboard to his left, triggering the side quest. The dispatch radio to recall the cars is in the same room, adjacent to a room with a regular radio and the first painting for the "Art Collector" side quest. The dispatch radio doesn't give me a prompt to start messing with it and input the codes.

I don't think you can do the call sign quest yet where you are at...
Think about it with some common sense first.  You read the solution in a strategy guide.  However you did NOT find the solution in the game at all, or any hints about it.. thus Murphy does not know about it, thus, you won't be using it for awhile.

Makes good sense.. Police Station is not a priority right now.

#3MattMotley(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 11:34:45 AM
The hints are on the board, and he's been carrying around a po po radio for the whole game so far, commenting on every bit of traffic going through. Solution number one hinted through the guide is to guess the missing numbers on the board based on the patterns already shown, which is pretty easy without the solution on the next page of the guide.

I chose normal action and difficulty levels, and every enemy I come across gets at least one cheap shot on me so far. This guy's not nearly as capable as Alex or Henry, the enemies aren't as slow or incapable as they were for Heather, Travis, James or Harry so you can't outrun them or spam a button to kill them with ease. The entire game is like you're trying to play Silent Hill Homecoming while controlling James and it's annoying. I don't wanna add dodging pigs to the mix.
#4MattMotley(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 11:37:01 AM
Also I used to be a cop, so I can use as many "I smell bacon" jokes as I damn well please.
#5Selyna01Posted 3/14/2012 11:37:13 AM
For what it's worth, I input the call signs at the same place and time in the game that OP did, and in the "statistics" menu, it lists me with one sidequest complete; so far as I know, this is the only sidequest that I could have done. So, I think it counts, even if no one explicitly told you to do it yet.
#6MattMotley(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 11:52:58 AM
Selyna01 posted...
For what it's worth, I input the call signs at the same place and time in the game that OP did, and in the "statistics" menu, it lists me with one sidequest complete; so far as I know, this is the only sidequest that I could have done. So, I think it counts, even if no one explicitly told you to do it yet.

OP? Are you referring to another Gamefaqs poster? If so, can you link to that post?
#7naterkixPosted 3/14/2012 12:18:28 PM(edited)
OP means original poster, in this case meaning you MattMotley.
You may have to actually run into one of the police cars first. I did that and then the sidequest started.
---
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
PSN and XBL: Naterkix
#8mercenary8ballPosted 3/15/2012 11:19:18 AM
NinjaNaut posted...
OP means original poster, in this case meaning you MattMotley.
You may have to actually run into one of the police cars first. I did that and then the sidequest started.

This.....
I'm pretty sure you have to see one of the cars on the street. In my play through I ended up going to the police station twice.
---
Games are like going to the bathroom.... some are the greatest and some just smell, make a mess, and splash.
#9VenomSymbiotePosted 3/15/2012 11:31:07 AM
I thought there was a bug too, Matt, as on my second playthrough I went straight for the police station to turn off the cop cars. I got no prompt either. I'm pretty sure one of the cars has to spot you first so you get the "Dispatch the cop cars" sidequest.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#10MattMotley(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 5:44:04 PM
They do. It finally got answered in the answers section.