THEORY about little girl in orphanage (spoilers)

#1Matt_ChathamPosted 3/16/2012 1:19:52 PM
I think the little girl, while possibly representing a lot of things, represents the female officer Anne Cunningham. When we're first introduced to the girl, she is crying continuously, and the boy makes a reference to her "knowing things," which could mean she knows things about Murphy. Secondly when Murphy finally speaks to her he's standing over the dead body of the boy, which prompts her to ask, "Why did you kill him, he never did anything to you." This is basically exactly what her sentiment is to Murphy in regards to her father. Murphy says something along the lines of, "You've got it all wrong, it wasn't me." Later as Murphy chases after the girl, we see her standing next to/talking to the wheelchair-demon/final boss, which it's revealed is the vegetative representation of her father.

I think the little boy is actually a number of things depending on who's looking at him. He may actually have been the boy we keep reading about who was a problem child, lobotomized and possibly died on the operating table. To Murphy he's a representation of Charlie.

What do you guys think?
#2IBuriedPaul90Posted 3/16/2012 1:53:50 PM

That actually makes a lot of sense. Very good theory! I love how this game is being dissected and analyzed, just like Silent Hill 2.

#3Oswald84Posted 3/16/2012 2:00:50 PM
First and foremost, by posting an alternate theory, I do not mean to disagree with the first posted theory.

I have heard an alternate theory in a different thread (sorry, cannot remember original posters name) that the little girl was a manifestation of the child who was actually responsible for Napier being caught, and the boy was a representation of Charlie.

After thinking about both theories, both have merits, but I would be inclined to agree with the first theory, mainly because of when you see her interacting with the wheelchair man. other than that i may have agreed with the alternate theory.
---
PSN - GameGuru8486
#4iamnamtabPosted 3/16/2012 2:44:41 PM
Actually, it's none of these things. If you go into a basement in a silent hill house you will find a milk carton with the unknown girl on it. She is obvliously dead by the events of downpour, so she is a manifestation of Murphy's son. As she is another person who went missing in the way of how Murphy'Edwin died
---
Monkeys will come to eat your flesh while you sleep.
#5MattTheRipper77Posted 3/16/2012 2:47:26 PM
Wat
---
MPDS
#6Matt_Chatham(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 2:48:09 PM
iamnamtab posted...
Actually, it's none of these things. If you go into a basement in a silent hill house you will find a milk carton with the unknown girl on it. She is obvliously dead by the events of downpour, so she is a manifestation of Murphy's son. As she is another person who went missing in the way of how Murphy'Edwin died

What makes you think the girl on the carton is the one in the orphanage?

If she's a representation of an abducted girl (or the ghost of one), why is she not seen getting abducted by Murphy?
#7Matt_Chatham(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 2:49:37 PM
Excuse me I meant to write Murphy/Bogeyman.