List of side quest glitches

#1kangaroozPosted 3/26/2012 9:35:06 PM
Im trying to get the trophy for completing all of the side quests but I keep running into glitches that prevent me from doing so. can we put together a list of glitches that you've had that prevented you from completing a side quest? Please also name the side quest that the glitch prevents you from completing too. These are the two ive had so far.

Art collector hardware store glitch: if you use the storage room key from the cash register to unlock the door and didnt pick up the painting in the storage room, the door will be locked when you go back to get it and you wont be able to open it again because the keys disappear when you use them. Cant complete the Art Collector side quest now.

digging up the past glitch: not sure how this occured but the 4th dig site didnt have anything in it and the candles were blown out even though i hadnt searched there yet.
---
R.I.P. True Survival Horror 1996-2005
#2EbonicPlaguePosted 3/26/2012 9:43:52 PM
I believe someone was having issues with the theater sidequest. The gist of it was just don't friggin leave with a film reel in the machine. I honestly don't know why he left in the first place.

I haven't encountered any glitches in my time with the game. The worst thing I've had happen was the game freezing on me once.

Er... well there is the possibility of the weeping bat trophy. I must have murdered everything in this game, and I somehow didn't get that one.
---
PSN: Lacon
#3AmethystEndPosted 3/26/2012 9:45:02 PM

I believe someone was having issues with the theater sidequest. The gist of it was just don't friggin leave with a film reel in the machine. I honestly don't know why he left in the first place.

I haven't encountered any glitches in my time with the game. The worst thing I've had happen was the game freezing on me once.

Er... well there is the possibility of the weeping bat trophy. I must have murdered everything in this game, and I somehow didn't get that one.

Yeah, he got it fixed by reloading though.
---
The Distant Blue
#4Insolent25Posted 3/26/2012 11:52:35 PM
I had an issue with the 'Shadow play'(?) quest. When I first discovered the house that the quest revolves around I put the item you find there in it's place, but didn't complete the light/shadow portion of it and carried on with the story. A little later, after completing the other 4 parts and getting their tokens, I returned to the house to do the last one except the item itself had vanished from the pedestal. I was able to interact with it as if it was there, but the light wouldn't cast a shadow on the wall, so I was unable to finish it.
#5RayconPosted 3/27/2012 12:50:32 AM
I was able to interact with it as if it was there, but the light wouldn't cast a shadow on the wall, so I was unable to finish it.

I had this problem my first run as well, only for some reason it WAS still casting a shadow (didn't make sense to me either). So at least for me, it didn't get in my way. It was just awkward.

I don't know if the fishing pole counts as a sidequest, but that's gotten in my way a few times lately.
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#6UnholyGuacamolePosted 3/27/2012 4:34:27 AM
For the Homeless quest, sometimes the subway doors will remain locked even after you give Homer his items. A big annoying pain in the ass that was.
---
I really should get around to changing my signature...
#7FireWalkWithMePosted 3/27/2012 6:05:24 PM
^ So, giving him the items he requests was supposed to open up the doors in the Subway tunnels? Heh. I gave him everything he asked for and the doors remained locked for me as well (didn't understand why he wanted to see my maps each time either). Shortcuts indeed...
---
Acme artificial rock. Have fun. Be popular. Be a rock!
#8kangarooz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 7:48:41 PM(edited)
ok so far we've got...

Digging up the Past: Dig Site 4 ufo item does not appear (reload game to fix)
Art Collector: dont leave the hardware store without collecting the "hope" painting.
Cinema Verite: dont leave film reels in the projector.
Homeless: subway doors dont open (no known fix)
Shadow Play: dont leave a shadow pedestal without completing its shadow.
---
#9kangarooz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 8:53:15 PM
bump
---
#10Star14400Posted 3/31/2012 1:32:01 PM
I think I have a new glitch for you to look into. So far I've been really good at finding Easter eggs in the game but one has me stumped. After you talk to the post man when you escape from the hotel I went back in bc I never checked the third floor. There was a note on the door that basically said not to thrive from others. I went inside and found the theif hanging by a rope. Scared me a little at first mostly emotional scare. So I looked around and noticed his bed next to him could be pulled out. (insert cutscene) and there was a box of stuff I could now pick up. I ran around listening to where all these voices now came from. As I run around returning everyone's stuff I get a trophy but my police radio was acting up when I went back up to the third floor. It was responding to the thief's room. I was like "oh crap please don't pop out at me alive when I open the door!" so I go in but the thief's no where to be found. But where he was a pile of clothes laid on the floor that I could change into.

So heres the glitch. Somehow ether during the mission or after you complete it everything starts looking like it's been spray painted especially cardboard boxes seen throughout the game. The inventory is a little missed up but not to the point you can't tell what it is unless it's bullets. When you turn the pages in the journal it looks like a huge cyberspace techno party screensaver thing lol or better yet like a retro nintendo threw up. Weapons look like they are decaying (if anyone's played Mario 64 when Mario wears an invisible cap; it looks like that). There's no problem with the flow of the game and I actually like it. It adds a little me style to the game lol and who doesn't want that. Try it out and see if you like it. I'll keep you posted if I find out more.