Point of no return

#1Matman3030Posted 3/27/2012 6:16:23 AM
Ok I have been wrapping up some sidequests but I am really tempted to advance the story. I have the boat key when I find the boat is that the point of no return?

On another note on hard puzzle difficulty some of these sidequests are extremely difficult. Like the patrol cars I was able to figure out two of them from pure guess a and check and then I wrote down those #'s to try to see if those #'s had anything to do with the mysteries from the police station and I couldn't find any correlation what so ever.

How are you supposed to figure this out?

Another one I am kind of stuck on is the Art one. I finally found all of the pictures put the map together figured out the ;X is at the cemetary. When I got to the cemetary there was another puzzle with 9 pieces and symbols I geuss I need to go back and study the map so I can remember the order but since I haven't found the fishing pole yet that is going to be a looooooong trek (again).
#2EbonicPlaguePosted 3/27/2012 6:47:32 AM
Ok I have been wrapping up some sidequests but I am really tempted to advance the story. I have the boat key when I find the boat is that the point of no return?

Yes, pressing "x" near the boat will take you to the last part of the game.

On another note on hard puzzle difficulty some of these sidequests are extremely difficult. Like the patrol cars I was able to figure out two of them from pure guess a and check and then I wrote down those #'s to try to see if those #'s had anything to do with the mysteries from the police station and I couldn't find any correlation what so ever.

Hard really has no impact on the patrol car or art quest as far as I know. For the police station one, everything you need is on the police call board. It's simpler than you think; there's a logic to the layout.

When I got to the cemetary there was another puzzle with 9 pieces and symbols I geuss I need to go back and study the map so I can remember the order but since I haven't found the fishing pole yet that is going to be a looooooong trek (again).

I feel you on the walking, man, and you do need to take another look at that map. I suggest you pay attention to the symbols on that puzzle so you know what you're looking for.
---
PSN: Lacon
Yes, I am Captain Internet.
#3BoomBosstickPosted 3/27/2012 6:51:57 AM
Matman3030 posted...

The boat is the point of no return... cant do sidequests after that.

How are you supposed to figure this out?

The numbers are on the rear passenger side of the car... you can figure them out by inputing numbers and eliminating them but this could take while. I just ran up to them got the number and ran...

Another one I am kind of stuck on is the Art one. I finally found all of the pictures put the map together figured out the ;X is at the cemetary. When I got to the cemetary there was another puzzle with 9 pieces and symbols I geuss I need to go back and study the map so I can remember the order but since I haven't found the fishing pole yet that is going to be a looooooong trek (again).

There are 4 red symbols on the paintings... under? i guess... the map that need to be pushed when you get to the crypt.
#4zombodyPosted 3/27/2012 6:55:58 AM
I didnt know the boat was the point of no return :\
#5Matman3030(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 7:10:26 AM
BoomBosstick posted...

The numbers are on the rear passenger side of the car... you can figure them out by inputing numbers and eliminating them but this could take while. I just ran up to them got the number and ran...

There are 4 red symbols on the paintings... under? i guess... the map that need to be pushed when you get to the crypt.

Thanks I will check the cars- two of them were easy enough to look at the board and use process of elimination but the other two not so much. I think I can figure out the art gallery I was just frustrated when I got to the cemetery and was like - damn all the way back there huh.
#6EbonicPlaguePosted 3/27/2012 8:52:51 AM
But it's not process of elimination.

If you've figured out two already, you can figure out the other two with just the board. You only really need one number.
---
#7Matman3030(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 9:55:39 AM
On Hard it looks like this (not exact I am not playing the game now) X's represent missing #'s/Letters

D3X5
XX6X
X4XX
AX4X

So I got the one that starts with D right away

Then I literally went through Every combination for the one that starts with A until I got it only took like 10-15 minutes but it was lame

Now I assume the letters are B & C left but that would mean I have to do the same thing I did for A but potentially twice unless I guessed right

Am I missing something here? I am ususually pretty good at puzzles-p Haven't had any problems in the main game but some of these side quests are tricky.
#8EbonicPlaguePosted 3/27/2012 10:00:37 AM
It's not a random combination. There's a basic pattern. I promise.

Just look at the board. Think about the letters too; you've got those right.
---
#9Matman3030(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 10:12:34 AM
I will take another look when I play again thanks for the tips.
#10RayconPosted 3/27/2012 11:20:04 AM
I had the same problem with the patrol cars one on hard. I figured out the letters right away, but the one's with two blanks I had to resort to guess and check. On normal riddle mode, I tell almost clearly what the combination was, but Hard was a whole other animal...
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11