digging up the past, first candles not glowing. glitch?

#11RayconPosted 6/19/2012 4:33:26 PM
TeamTaikoubou posted...
Thanks for the response Raycon :) I have no problem restarting, seeing as this is my run from everything run. But if I do new game, it will still count as second playthrough right? Probably a stupid question. This game is so fun, glitches are so random though lol.

I'm not sure what you mean by "second playthrough"... There really isn't a New Game+ feature, though I do know that digging up the past isn't available until after your first time through the game. It will always be available every time after that one, so you should probably be fine.

I don't know if getting the first three items is required.. I've never seen that anywhere. I do know there is the occasional glitch of candles not being lit and digging spots not working, so I'm not sure if you're suffering from an unlucky glitch, or if those other items are required...

Wish I could be more helpful.

= /
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#12MattTheRipper77Posted 6/19/2012 4:35:55 PM
did you trigger the cutscene where Murphy says "the ground here feels soft" or something like that, behind the house as soon as you reach silent hill?
---
Silent Hill: Downpour is a return to form and one hell of a game, don't believe the disingenuous reviews, if you love real survival horror, give it a chance!
#13TeamTaikoubou(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 4:44:30 PM
I will try reloading my devils pit checkpoint to see if it is a glitch, but as for the it's a second playthrough only thing.. well, as raycon stated, I have never seen any site say that you need to have the three artifacts on previous playthrough, which played into my skepticism on pyramids tip. Like I said, ill give it a couple trys and see what's up. I'll be happy if I can help someone else who has a similar problem. Be right back.
---
Megaman,Zelda,SMT,FF,Metroidvania fan for life.
#1 sidescrolling game fan..self proclaimed.
#14RayconPosted 6/19/2012 4:57:50 PM
Yeah, if you have a previous checkpoint, definitely try that. I didn't even think of it. You might luck out.
---
I grew it. I paid $1 for the seeds and have more celery than I can eat. It will bring you life. Your cheetos will bring you death. -PS
a tasty death - kloud 11
#15TeamTaikoubou(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 5:04:00 PM
Reloading old checkpoint seems to have made it work :) so you don't need any of the other three artifacts. Looks like I did it "correctly" after all pyramidhead lol. Soo many glitches, but I have managed to get past even the most notorious ones just be reloading a couple of checkpoints back.
---
#16RayconPosted 6/19/2012 5:18:02 PM
TeamTaikoubou posted...
Reloading old checkpoint seems to have made it work :) so you don't need any of the other three artifacts. Looks like I did it "correctly" after all pyramidhead lol. Soo many glitches, but I have managed to get past even the most notorious ones just be reloading a couple of checkpoints back.

Hey, no need to be unreasonable- the guy was only trying to help you out. Believe me, he's not one of the people on these boards that's out to maliciously mislead you. He might have just been mistaken.

= /
---
a tasty death - kloud 11
#17MattTheRipper77Posted 6/19/2012 5:18:53 PM
looks like I was wrong again, I'm just going to stop trying to help people because i'm a dumbass. haha.
---
Silent Hill: Downpour is a return to form and one hell of a game, don't believe the disingenuous reviews, if you love real survival horror, give it a chance!
#18RayconPosted 6/19/2012 5:25:21 PM
PyramidHeadtrauma posted...
looks like I was wrong again, I'm just going to stop trying to help people because i'm a dumbass. haha.

To be fair, even I didn't know if they were required or not. I had all three when I did my second round, so I couldn't say for sure one way or the other.

= /
---
a tasty death - kloud 11
#19TeamTaikoubou(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2012 5:27:00 PM
I wasn't trying to be snarky to either of you, I really appreciate both of you for putting up with me, and giving your ideas. Honest.
---
#20RayconPosted 6/19/2012 5:27:53 PM
I'm just glad you got it to work. Some people weren't so lucky, so it's good to save you an extra run.
---
a tasty death - kloud 11