How can I play this game in 3D?

#1drbirkin182Posted 3/15/2012 8:22:43 AM
Hi, i just got this game and I want to play it in 3D. But I don't know how. I've got a 3D samsung smart tv, got the glasses and everything, but I don't know how to activate it. I didn't find an option in the game menu to do it so. Can anyone hel me? Will be very apreciated. Thanks!!
#2kaliforniapopPosted 3/15/2012 10:52:37 AM
I have a LG. but I'm sure the concept is the same. In the option menus of the game, under visual, or maybe its just under option. It should say enable 3-d. if you cant highlight it then use your TV remote, their should be a button to activate 3-D on the TV. activate it and then the game should let you in. That's what I had to do. and WOW. You wont go back. 3-D on this game makes it a whole knew experience, Its fantastic.
#3Swan3624Posted 3/15/2012 11:27:10 AM
I didn't think the 3D was all that impressive. There isn't all that much depth... though I am playing on a 24-inch. But I have seen much better depth in games like Gears of War 3 and Halo: Anniversary.

Anywho, at the main menu of the game, not the pause menu, go down to the option that says "Frame-packed 3D", turn it on and wait a little for it to refresh the game screen.

Hope this helps :)
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2, Silent Hill Downpour, Crush
#4JAWSeatsNYPosted 3/16/2012 12:06:26 AM
Yeah, there's not much pop-out (but I hven't seen much pop-out in any of the 3D games yet). It's more like looking into a window. I love it. I think it's great but there are moments where "Ghosting" happens.

More games need to be 3D!
---
www.jaysonpalmer.com
#5Swan3624Posted 3/16/2012 2:37:34 PM
JAWSeatsNY posted...
Yeah, there's not much pop-out (but I hven't seen much pop-out in any of the 3D games yet). It's more like looking into a window. I love it. I think it's great but there are moments where "Ghosting" happens.

But that's what I meant. There isn't much depth for me.

Am I blind or something? I seem to be the only person unimpressed by the 3D. XD

Sonic Generations, on the other hand... my god. That game is gorgeous in 3D and has some of the best depth I've ever seen.
---
#6The_DjokerPosted 3/16/2012 2:47:21 PM(edited)

No It's a crap gimmick that a lot of people don't care for. Also it reduces the performance of some games.

LOL no. A LOT of people hate, can't enjoy or don't care about 3D. I don't like 3D because it hurts my eyes after a while, I turn the damn thing off on my 3DS most of the time.
---
http://oi43.tinypic.com/jpyibo.jpg
#7Swan3624Posted 3/17/2012 10:37:46 AM
The_Djoker posted...

No It's a crap gimmick that a lot of people don't care for. Also it reduces the performance of some games.

LOL no. A LOT of people hate, can't enjoy or don't care about 3D. I don't like 3D because it hurts my eyes after a while, I turn the damn thing off on my 3DS most of the time.

I'm not talking about 3D in general. I'm fine with it, and enjoy it quite a bit. I mean for this game, specifically. The 3D doesn't have much depth for me.

But with Sonic Generations, the depth is HUGE. I'm wondering if it has to do with the vibrancy of Sonic and the lack thereof for Silent Hill. Maybe that's why Downpour isn't impressing me with its 3D. It is barely noticeable.
---
#8CPike2003Posted 3/17/2012 11:17:50 AM
Everyone see's 3D in a different way. Some might see a greater effect than others. I used to despise 3D movies, and I still am unsure if I care too much about 3D movies, but games are another story altogether.

If you look down under your glasses and then back up through them and compare the same scene to with and without glasses in that method, you'll realize just how much depth there really is. Of course, certain areas will portray it better. Anywhere where there is natural depth to the scene, it can be seen in 3D.

Again, not everyone see's 3D the same way. Some don't like it because they don't see that "pop-out" at you effect. Others don't like it because it hurts their eyes or gives them a headache. Some people just don't like wearing glasses. To each their own.

I will enjoy my 3D gaming experiences, as it really does add to the immersion. If you want to try some games that have great use of 3D, you can try Uncharted 3, God of War Origins Collection, Resistance 3, Super Stardust HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse, or even Silent Hill. Say what you want, but SH has great 3D depth. The game looks better in 3D than in 2D, which is rare for most 3D games.
---
~ Intel Core i5 750 @ 4.0GHZ~ 8GB DDR3 RAM ~ 2x GTX 580's SLi ~ Gaming @ 2560x1600 ~