Does anyone else feel at home in Silent Hill?

#1CosmicgensisPosted 5/12/2012 3:37:49 PM
There's just something about the atmosphere, that makes me feel . . . comfortable. Ive always loved overcast heavy fog weather days, as well as snowy and extremely rainy days. Ive been known to spend more time outdoors than indoors on those occasions.(Which is strange because it takes an act of God to get me out of my house normally) Ive never really felt the foreboding feeling that some reviewers talk about. The instant i see all that fog , i get a warm fuzzy feeling.Like been home after a long , tedious trip from some distant destination.

The only downside, is eventually i have to turn it off and return to real life.
#2656stoogePosted 5/12/2012 4:35:56 PM
Yes! Seriously. I read a topic years ago on the SH1 boards and a guy was claiming the same thing. I immediately thought he was a try hard trying to pretend like SH wasn't scary, but after playing the entire series I'm in complete agreement.

The (older) games still scare me, but just wandering the streets in the fog is kind of calming.
I even go for jogs on foggy nights or mornings now because of Silent Hill. Although I got attacked by a pack of wild dogs one night and that was far from pleasant.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif
#3HeaziePosted 5/12/2012 5:40:23 PM
Yes
---
XBL: Zombie Heazie <()-------()> Pokemon White Friend Code: 4856 5776 2374
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/Zombie%20Heazie
#4DarquePosted 5/16/2012 3:45:29 PM
Cosmicgensis posted...
There's just something about the atmosphere, that makes me feel . . . comfortable.

Is that before, or after, Pyramid Head tries to introduce you to his "little friend". =V
---
Jill Valentine > You
#5blackfrancisPosted 5/17/2012 5:12:22 AM
I feel the same way. The loneliness, the fog the unknown all seem welcoming to me. I kind of get the same feeling when I play Borderlands. That feeling of loneliness and isolation. Love it.
---
XBOX GT: GrievousMaximus
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
#6AddplayerPosted 5/19/2012 5:00:38 PM
I enjoy games with a mysterious atmosphere with exploration. Silent Hill series, Alan Wake series, I Am Alive DLC have brought great satisfaction.
I enjoy film noir and thriller movies, which explains why I enjoy games like this.