If I liked other Level 5 games, how will I like this?

#1waterfiendPosted 2/21/2012 2:19:45 PM(edited)
I really enjoyed Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2. What will I like or not like about Ni No Kuni? If I'm hoping for an experience close to DQ VIII, will I be disappointed?
#2Dragon Quest 7Posted 2/21/2012 2:21:11 PM
IMHO it's not as good as DQVIII (that game was really awesome) but you should still like it.
#3Tj_11Posted 2/24/2012 1:18:13 AM
I wonder this too... I really love jrpgs by Level 5 at PS2, especially Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy, but their games on PS3 was not so good to say the least.
I still got both, but I don't really like them, completed once, played online a bit and never put to PS3 again. =(
#4Aoshi_KnivesPosted 2/24/2012 1:46:07 AM(edited)
I'm not a fan of Level 5 games but I am loving this game it's a lot of fun best RPG I've played in a very long time.You have nothing to worry about.

Im 24+ hours in not done with the story yet still have a ways to go and have tons of side quests to do.
#5yunaleskaPosted 2/24/2012 2:02:48 AM
Only thing I can say is I loved playing Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2 on the PS2. I loved playing Ni no Kuni on the PS3 (even went as far as to plat the game). Don't think you'll be disappointed at all if we enjoy the same games.
---
PSN: Raine_Evenstar
Currently Playing: FF13-2
#6flatbushPosted 2/25/2012 7:27:39 PM
the simplicity of the plot is similar to white knight chronicle.
so i would say this is more similar to white knight chronicle than the other level5 games.
and if you like wkc, this should be good too.
---
http://www.youtube.com/kormaruR
#7waterfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 8:43:28 PM
Good deal. Sounds like I'll have to check it out! :P Thanks.
#8kirstpoPosted 3/19/2012 10:56:06 PM
Is this a dungeon crawler RPG like Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2? While I enjoyed Rogue Galaxy, I thought that Dark Cloud 2 was too much of a grind for me. Dragon Quest, although a great world, seems more and more of a grind to me as I get older.

From videos it looks like the game is menu based. If it's a combination of dragon quest battle mechanics and dungeon crawler of rogue galaxy and dark cloud 2, then I probably won't enjoy it. It's too bad because it looks like a beautiful game.
#9yunaleskaPosted 3/20/2012 7:46:01 PM
kirstpo posted...
Is this a dungeon crawler RPG like Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2? While I enjoyed Rogue Galaxy, I thought that Dark Cloud 2 was too much of a grind for me. Dragon Quest, although a great world, seems more and more of a grind to me as I get older.

From videos it looks like the game is menu based. If it's a combination of dragon quest battle mechanics and dungeon crawler of rogue galaxy and dark cloud 2, then I probably won't enjoy it. It's too bad because it looks like a beautiful game.

It's not a dungeon crawler, at least not like Rogue Galaxy and DC2. The dungeons are like any typical ones you'll find in RPGs. I didn't have to grind to get through the main storyline.

As for battle, it's entirely menu-based. But you can move around in the battle field (mostly to evade attacks and get some space between you and the monster when you're readying spells)
---
PSN: Raine_Evenstar
Currently Playing: FF13-2
#10SpotlessedenPosted 3/26/2012 12:37:02 AM
waterfiend posted...
I really enjoyed Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud 2. What will I like or not like about Ni No Kuni? If I'm hoping for an experience close to DQ VIII, will I be disappointed?

alot of those games that you mention are only developed by Level 5, they don't come up with the idea and characters design. They only the programmers. DQ VIII is all about Square Enix.