Demo confirms that this game is aimed at children

#1snatchsnoopiePosted 12/5/2012 12:50:42 AM
The characters and even monsters all look happy. The main character is some little kid who wears a cape around like he's playing dress-up.

Frankly, I think the game looks lame beyond belief.
#2EtroAnimePosted 12/5/2012 12:51:25 AM
snatchsnoopie posted...
The characters and even monsters all look happy. The main character is some little kid who wears a cape around like he's playing dress-up.

LMAO!
---
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN ID: Rammel29
#3ff12detactionPosted 12/5/2012 12:55:29 AM
snatchsnoopie posted...

I know what you mean. Some kid with a cape and a little sword running around fighting smiling monsters. It's.......Weird. I don't like it, and I mainly play RPGs.

Maybe there's more to it but from the videos I've seen most of the game is really happy-go-lucky.
#4EgHeadFoolPosted 12/5/2012 1:13:02 AM
Great another topic about this. I don't see what changed with the demo; videos and previews have been widely available. It's a 13 year old's fantasy adventure animated by Ghibli. Yes it has that visual style. No it's not aimed at little kids. Go give some kids the demo and see how many tries it takes them on the volcano part, despite being given a stacked party of overpowered familiars.
#5teffyPosted 12/5/2012 1:16:41 AM
Go watch Spirited Away and complain about how "kiddy" it is. Better yet, go watch Howl's Moving Castle and complain about how obviously childish it is.

All 3 have two things in common: they're by Studio Ghibli and they are EXTREMELY heavy subject matter.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#6ZEOPOWER6Posted 12/5/2012 1:19:59 AM
snatchsnoopie posted...

I can't.
#7snatchsnoopie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 1:21:03 AM
teffy posted...
Go watch Spirited Away and complain about how "kiddy" it is. Better yet, go watch Howl's Moving Castle and complain about how obviously childish it is.

All 3 have two things in common: they're by Studio Ghibli and they are EXTREMELY heavy subject matter.

Heavy subject matter my ass. Those movies are in fact "kiddy" movies.
#8LightRukiaPosted 12/5/2012 1:26:43 AM
From: snatchsnoopie | Posted: 12/5/2012 1:50:42 AM | #001

Ok anything else?
---
http://i.imgur.com/3pdnu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mH6dQ.gif
#9kenff6Posted 12/5/2012 1:27:21 AM
I didn't like the demo either. It's extremely childish.

Just because the game has a world map doesn't make it good. Tje game has to, you know, actually be good to be good.
#10EgHeadFoolPosted 12/5/2012 1:28:37 AM(edited)
This is the point where we all just agree that people have different tastes. But I really do think it's genuinely sad if some adults can't appreciate that type of media. It has nothing to do with the gameplay in this case even...

Or we can have another alt wars argument where I point out TC is yet another account with these views being conveniently backed up by ff12detaction, and the accounts are created within a day of each other.