Ni No Kuni World Map

#1pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/5/2012 9:32:24 AM(edited)
So playing the demo and I absolutely loved the look of the world map it gave me that old school JRPG feeling not felt since I played FFIX, it is very expansive and I love it seems monsters are hiding as well and will pop out when you are close.

Love the world map didn't think it could be done on console this gen since SE still has yet give an excuse why it hasn't appeared in FF games on console, it can be done on current gen consoles.

Your thoughts on the world map also glad its in 5 languages and has dual audio as well.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#2timbermaniacsPosted 12/5/2012 10:19:13 AM
I love the world map. It reminds me of like you said, the old Final Fantasy games and because it's level 5 of course Dragon Quest VIII. I wish there were more games like this (turn based/world map) but of course it's not the 'in thing' anymore.
#3EgHeadFoolPosted 12/5/2012 10:51:16 AM
The only thing that disappoints me about the world map is that the music hardly ever changes based on where you go.
#4pokemon_45_79_1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:55:16 AM
The only thing that disappoints me about the world map is that the music hardly ever changes based on where you go.

It didn't do it in DQVIII as well but its a minor complaint, the world map song in most games stays the same even old school FF games have the same song on the world map no matter where you go.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#5EtroAnimePosted 12/5/2012 10:58:38 AM
EgHeadFool posted...

Really that is kind of a small complaint seeing as many RPG's in the past have one world map theme. FFVIII comes to mind and others come to mind.
---
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
PSN ID: Rammel29
#6EtroAnimePosted 12/5/2012 11:00:04 AM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...

It didn't do it in DQVIII as well but its a minor complaint, the world map song in most games stays the same even old school FF games have the same song on the world map no matter where you go.

Haha we kind of posted the same thing, but anyways I love the world map, I actually re-downloaded the game to give it another go since I didn't even touch the Volcano part.
---
#7TiaelPosted 12/5/2012 11:03:07 AM
Etroanime posted...

Haha we kind of posted the same thing, but anyways I love the world map, I actually re-downloaded the game to give it another go since I didn't even touch the Volcano part.

Yeah, I have no issues with it as most JRPGs I've played are the same way, aside from differences between say the World of Balance/Ruin in FFVI or the past/present in DQVII.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#8Orunitia9Posted 12/5/2012 11:05:14 AM
Totally agree, I love the world map. Judging by gameplay videos online, it seems the world map is even a lot bigger than the likes ff7-9, not to mention more varied :)
---
So you've seen around 3000 evil Muslims on Fox News? There are 1.7 billion Muslims- that's 0.000176% of total Muslims. Disagree? Then let me know.
#9EtroAnimePosted 12/5/2012 11:08:01 AM
Tiael posted...
Etroanime posted...

Yeah, I have no issues with it as most JRPGs I've played are the same way, aside from differences between say the World of Balance/Ruin in FFVI or the past/present in DQVII.

Ha you must of read my mind or something because in my post I was going to bring up FFVI as a reference of having different World Map themes depending on where you were in the story.
---
#10FoofyheadPosted 12/5/2012 2:05:45 PM
Isn't it a little early to be saying that the music doesn't change based on progress in the story?
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.