IGN Review of Ni No Kuni: 9,4 (Amazing)

#1squalleddPosted 1/15/2013 1:33:48 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-review

Score 9,4 he said: "The Best JRPG i have played in years"

Yeah... Absolutely, man!
#2ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/15/2013 1:45:19 AM(edited)
squalledd posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-review

Score 9,4 he said: "The Best JRPG i have played in years"

Yeah... Absolutely, man!

That's pretty surprising coming from IGN. I wonder if we should expect people to be coming here in the next few days because of it... :P
#3rumbalumbaPosted 1/15/2013 1:36:13 AM
OH YEAH.
---
Everyone should play Ni No Kuni.
#4squalledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:38:36 AM
"THE VERDICT

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is one of the best RPGs Iíve played in years. Moreover, it joins the elusive ranks of the best PlayStation 3 exclusives, a group very rarely encroached upon by any studio Sony doesnít own. Ni No Kuni is just that good: a beautiful mixture of the traditional makings of a JRPG combined with gorgeous graphics, a wonderful story, a great cast of characters and thoughtful gameplay. Better yet, I truly believe thereís something here even for those that donít necessarily enjoy random encounters, level grinding and stat building. The story, characters, aesthetics and gameplay really do mix to make something special well outside of the JRPG niche.

It took me just north of 40 hours to beat Ni No Kuni, and thereís still more for me to do. I didnít complete every last side quest and I didnít cruise through the entirety of the gameís battle arena. Word out of Japan is that the gameís coveted Platinum Trophy could take 80 hours to get, but know this: 40 hours with Ni No Kuni wonít allow you to see nearly all the game has to offer.

I didnít want the game to end. It proved one of those special experiences Ė like Iíve had with Final Fantasy VI, Wild Arms or Tales of Destiny in the past Ė where I didnít want to see the conclusion. I wanted it to keep going. Thatís because Ni No Kuni is just that special, and every RPG fan owes it to him or herself to pick it up and see why."

+Gorgeous, lush graphics
+Wonderful, expertly written and performed soundtrack
+Excellent story thatís familiar, yet markedly unique
+Engrossing battle system that takes influence from two great JRPG series
+Requires at least 40 hours to beat, and perhaps twice that to do everything"

Yes. that's what i felt it too when beating the last boss... i don't want to end!
#5VanilleHopenPosted 1/15/2013 1:39:14 AM
and their credibility goes further down the drain...

this game better than xenoblade.. LOL at the thought..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#6chaoshadouPosted 1/15/2013 1:50:41 AM
IGN giving a JRPG a great score? What's the world coming to?
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#7ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/15/2013 1:54:33 AM
chaoshadou posted...
IGN giving a JRPG a great score? What's the world coming to?

Seriously... @_@

I'm happy but this is just weirding me out, lol.
#8MuflagginPosted 1/15/2013 1:56:43 AM
Hate to break it to you guys, but Colin is a notorious PS3 nut hugger. I can't remember the last time he gave a PS3 exclusive a bad score. Sorry. V_V

I'll bet it is the best JRPG he's played in years...considering he doesn't even play them. >_>
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#9JimdbPosted 1/15/2013 1:59:17 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
and their credibility goes further down the drain...

this game better than xenoblade.. LOL at the thought..

I hate to see rgaming websites as a whole, I'd rather see individuals. This reviewer enjoys this game more than Xenoblade... or maybe not. I don't know if he reviewed Xenoblade or not, but if he didn't maybe he would have given Xenoblade a higher score?

I enjoy Tales of Graces More than Xenoblade because Xenoblade overwhelmed me. Xenoblade is incredible, really, it's just unbelievable, it's a JRPG master piece, but I enjoy playing games that are more simple.

Look at it from that perspective. I think it's really the only way to look at it since IGN doe snot review the game, ONE Journalist from IGN does.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#10squalledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:05:06 AM
It doesn't matter what the reviewer said or not said.

The point is one more people enjoy playing Ni No Kuni. And it is a good thing.

Xenoblade? Tales? You can say it the best RPG of all time. It's okay. I won't even argue about it. It's just a matter of personal taste. Nothing else.

But in my eyes, Ni No Kuni is still the best JRPG in this generation.. :)