IGN Review of Ni No Kuni: 9,4 (Amazing)

#11squalledd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:06:18 AM
Jimdb posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
and their credibility goes further down the drain...

this game better than xenoblade.. LOL at the thought..

I hate to see rgaming websites as a whole, I'd rather see individuals. This reviewer enjoys this game more than Xenoblade... or maybe not. I don't know if he reviewed Xenoblade or not, but if he didn't maybe he would have given Xenoblade a higher score?

I enjoy Tales of Graces More than Xenoblade because Xenoblade overwhelmed me. Xenoblade is incredible, really, it's just unbelievable, it's a JRPG master piece, but I enjoy playing games that are more simple.

Look at it from that perspective. I think it's really the only way to look at it since IGN doe snot review the game, ONE Journalist from IGN does.

You are correct.
#12alexponentialPosted 1/15/2013 2:10:00 AM
So excited! I haven't been this eager for an rpg release in a long long time.
#13EgHeadFoolPosted 1/15/2013 2:15:14 AM
Damn that was a ridiculously positive review, and well-articulated. It stayed more or less superficial in terms of gameplay but that's perfectly fine.
#14Angelfire456Posted 1/15/2013 2:15:54 AM
alexponential posted...
So excited! I haven't been this eager for an rpg release in a long long time.

Same here. Last year most of what I played was shooters which are fine but I prefer RPGs. Think the only RPG I got last year was FF XIII-2 which seemed fun after trying the demo but by the end I had to force myself just to finish, didn't even try for trophies.
---
PSN: Sebastian456
#15pokemon_45_79_1Posted 1/15/2013 2:45:33 AM(edited)
Wait stop the presses the reviewer played for 40 hrs really not 6 hrs and rate it, thats what i mean you have to play longer to fully give it a correct score, not 6 hrs worth.

All thats left is gamespot and I do expect a low rating from them due to the fact it to east looking with no muliplayer.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#16farbrorblaPosted 1/15/2013 3:32:42 AM
VanilleHopen posted...
and their credibility goes further down the drain...

this game better than xenoblade.. LOL at the thought..

I never understood folks like you that visit boardss of games they have never played just to troll. Get a job, get a woman and then get some friends and realise there is other stuff to do in life.
#17UltimaCrystalPosted 1/15/2013 3:43:57 AM
IGN's video review.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/14/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-video-review
---
PSN:UltimaWolf25 Watching: Sailor Moon(sub)S1-5.
Currently playing: Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky, Far Cry 3, Persona 4 Golden, Atelier Meruru.
#18ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/15/2013 3:48:23 AM
It's kind of sad to see Colin's comments about the game being 'great' or 'beautiful' being downvoted in the comments section.

Really...? :|
#19primusninePosted 1/15/2013 4:02:46 AM
Why the crap does everyone think Xenoblade is so good? It was predictable, typical and only fair to middling in terms of how it executed the small amount of unique stuff it had.

Also, if I had to hear the word Monado one more time... Holy hell that got annoying.

Not a bad game, sure. Just not the pinnacle people are touting it to be.
#20ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/15/2013 4:04:37 AM
primusnine posted...
Why the crap does everyone think Xenoblade is so good? It was predictable, typical and only fair to middling in terms of how it executed the small amount of unique stuff it had.

Also, if I had to hear the word Monado one more time... Holy hell that got annoying.

Not a bad game, sure. Just not the pinnacle people are touting it to be.

I think the reason why is because it's called a JRPG............. but isn't a JRPG at all? It's more like a western style RPG that just so happened to come from Japan.