IGN Review of Ni No Kuni: 9,4 (Amazing)

#61pecorrePosted 1/15/2013 9:55:22 AM
Day-1 confirmed for me!

I'm so exited to play a quality JRPG again that I think I'll buy 10 copies.
#62DBZKING1234Posted 1/15/2013 10:11:20 AM
This review is from Colin Moriarty. The guy is an idiot. Anyway it's not like I need some unintelligent buffoon to tell me what I already know.
#63Azure_lKitePosted 1/15/2013 10:19:05 AM
I'm still thinking about what did I miss here.
This game sounded promising, but when I tried the demo... Just...No.

Combat was terrible mess of turn based mashed up with real time IMO, the art style didn't appeal to me in the least (and that's considering I usually dig the looks of series like Tales of), I barely noticed the OST was there... Yet everyone is treating it like it's the next holy grail of JRPGs.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#64luminion187Posted 1/15/2013 10:40:08 AM
Azure_lKite posted...

Combat was terrible mess of turn based mashed up with real time IMO, the art style didn't appeal to me in the least (and that's considering I usually dig the looks of series like Tales of), I barely noticed the OST was there... Yet everyone is treating it like it's the next holy grail of JRPGs.

Can you go into detail on why you hate the battle system?

I'm a bit desperate for a new, quality JRPG but I have my reservations about this game. I think because we haven't received many quality JRPGs this gen that whenever a slightly above average game comes along (i.e.: Lost Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.) people tend to overrate them to high heaven. Even the great Xenoblade wasn't as good as people made it out to be (in my opinion of course).
---
"maybe if lebron james didnt swat the ball into the 20th row just to make the highlight reel, he would have some rings by now."
#65MuflagginPosted 1/15/2013 1:46:50 PM
Why is it that when IGN posts a positive review for something one doesn't like and posts a negative review for something one does like; the threads are usually filled with "lol IGN", "can't spell ignorant without IGN", or "they don't know anything"? However, when it benefits the game one happens to like or criticises the game one happens to not like, the review is largely hailed as being good news?

IGN is a **** site regardless of score.
---
"In the real world. You see that's where most people live and that's where Lara Croft is more well-known than Mario." - LuminescentRule
#66Angelfire456Posted 1/15/2013 2:09:03 PM
Muflaggin posted...
Why is it that when IGN posts a positive review for something one doesn't like and posts a negative review for something one does like; the threads are usually filled with "lol IGN", "can't spell ignorant without IGN", or "they don't know anything"? However, when it benefits the game one happens to like or criticises the game one happens to not like, the review is largely hailed as being good news?

IGN is a **** site regardless of score.

I have to agree with this. While I am happy to see a good review for NNK from any source, IGN is the last place I would look for real input. I would probably look to a random blogger first. Not everyone feels this way so hopefully it will at least bring in more sales.

For the most part when it comes to movies, games, whatever I tend to focus on the points the reviewer makes and ignore the score while checking multiple sources. There have been tons of things reviewers hate that I love and other way around.
---
PSN: Sebastian456
#67dudeitscoolPosted 1/15/2013 2:09:57 PM
luminion187 posted...
Azure_lKite posted...

Can you go into detail on why you hate the battle system?

I'm a bit desperate for a new, quality JRPG but I have my reservations about this game. I think because we haven't received many quality JRPGs this gen that whenever a slightly above average game comes along (i.e.: Lost Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.) people tend to overrate them to high heaven. Even the great Xenoblade wasn't as good as people made it out to be (in my opinion of course).

Are you kidding me about Lost Odyssey? That has to be the best RPG of this gen by far. This game may surpass it.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...
#68VanilleHopenPosted 1/15/2013 2:14:16 PM
the only people who dont say xenoblade is the best jrpg this gen are the ones that have either

a)Played ffxiii
b)dont have a wii
c)couldn't find it..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#69castrejon04Posted 1/15/2013 2:15:38 PM
Is the video review too spoilerish?
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#70rep_HCPosted 1/15/2013 2:39:51 PM
primusnine posted...
Why the crap does everyone think Xenoblade is so good? It was predictable, typical and only fair to middling in terms of how it executed the small amount of unique stuff it had.

Also, if I had to hear the word Monado one more time... Holy hell that got annoying.

Not a bad game, sure. Just not the pinnacle people are touting it to be.

When a game is so well received by so many people, but you don't agree it's that good, it's more then likely a matter of taste or preference, or you just weren't feeling it for what ever reason. There have been plenty of games I felt that way about, but I didn't state my opinion as fact, like "the game was predictable, typical...etc", I accepted the game just wasn't my thing. In reference to Xenoblade personally, I DO NOT like turn based combat AT ALL in games. Everygame I've tried with it, I got bored, but I played a bunch of Xenoblade, only stopped cause I returned the borrowed WII, but I would have continued, and that is saying something. It was doing something right, something you just weren't feeling.

There is a night and day difference between saying "the game was predictable, typical...etc", and saying "I felt the game was predictable, typical...etc".