Giving familiars food...

#1danielwerner86Posted 1/17/2013 4:37:49 AM
A question i just thought of:

If you give your familiar status-changing food (let's say +3 attack), will that stack when the familiar evolves? Or will that +3 attack be "lost"?

So essentially, is it worthless to give your familiars these items before they evolve? Or perhaps they can't evolve without items?
---
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - The best RPG since Final Fantasy IX!
#2TeopcigartPosted 1/17/2013 4:44:14 AM
As I understand it; your familiars also have affection levels that are tied to feeding them. I assume that would also qualify as a reason to feed them.

I can't actually answer your question, unfortunately. But I am interested in a potential discussion with more experienced players about feeding in general. I see there is a "Fullness" spot on the menu which suggests that there might be limits on how much stat food you can put on a single guy.

So I really don't know how to approach this. Do I feed my familiars early or later? Do I hold out for powerful stat food or just give them whatever I can? Can I completely mess up my familiar's progression by feeding them badly?

Sooo many questions. So little information. >.<;
---
PSN Name: PuppetShoJustice
Check out our crappy gaming blog at PuppetShowJustice.com
#3oArcticPosted 1/17/2013 4:46:25 AM
Evolving a familiar doesn't reset the stats they gained from eating food.
---
GT: x G o o b z
#4danielwerner86(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 4:51:12 AM
Just to clarify, when a familiar evolves the stats are reset to lv 1, but the evolved version has a higher stat growth.

So therefore I'd like to know if you waste items or if the evolved familiar has the new stat + new stat growth + the stats of all items I've fed it
---
#5squalleddPosted 1/17/2013 4:57:00 AM
danielwerner86 posted...

If you give your familiar status-changing food (let's say +3 attack), will that stack when the familiar evolves? Or will that +3 attack be "lost"?

So essentially, is it worthless to give your familiars these items before they evolve? Or perhaps they can't evolve without items?

It is permanent bosst! Don't worry.. You can give it right away!

But one thing you have to remember, every Familiar has their favorite food! How do you know? You can watch the animation when you give food to your Familiar. If there is heart shape around your Famliar, then that is their favorite food.

Familiar only have 1 type of food that they like.

Let's say: Mitey. He loves food that increase Physical Attack stat! Then you should focus on giving that food to Mitey. It will fill the "heart" quickly.
I think the food that Familiar love is an indication what you should focus on when developing your Familiar.
In that case, for Mitey, he should be your Familiar who deal much offensive physical Attack.

I always give the Familiar the correct food because food is limited and expensive. Later on, you need lots of food to maximize the status. If Mitey, then i only give him food that increase physical attack.
#6danielwerner86(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 5:08:05 AM
squalledd posted...
danielwerner86 posted...

But one thing you have to remember, every Familiar has their favorite food! How do you know? You can watch the animation when you give food to your Familiar. If there is heart shape around your Famliar, then that is their favorite food.

Let's say: Mitey. He loves food that increase Physical Attack stat! Then you should focus on giving that food to Mitey. It will fill the "heart" quickly.
I think the food that Familiar love is an indication what you should focus on when developing your Familiar.
In that case, for Mitey, he should be your Familiar who deal much offensive physical Attack.

I always give the Familiar the correct food because food is limited and expensive. Later on, you need lots of food to maximize the status. If Mitey, then i only give him food that increase physical attack.

Cool, thanks for the tip. :) Are the favourite foods based on what stat will be increased? Or is it like fish/meat/vegetables/poop-types?
---
#7squalleddPosted 1/17/2013 5:20:33 AM
danielwerner86 posted...
squalledd posted...
danielwerner86 posted...

Cool, thanks for the tip. :) Are the favourite foods based on what stat will be increased? Or is it like fish/meat/vegetables/poop-types?

Mitey like pie if i am not mistaken (over a year not playing Ni No Kuni Full Game). All kind of pie will give Strength Physical Attack.

One type of food = increase one attribute.

There is 6 type of food which will increase 6 attribute:
Physical Attack, Magical Attack, Physical Defense, Magical Defense, Dexterity, Special Attack (if i am not mistaken)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7148/6694506747_73bbb0fba4_z.jpg

Look at my picture for detail.

I give him mostly food that increase Physical Attack.
#8PirateMoePosted 1/17/2013 5:22:08 AM
squalledd posted...
Let's say: Mitey. He loves food that increase Physical Attack stat!

IIRC chocolate ups the physical attack power, not pie.
#9squalleddPosted 1/17/2013 5:25:00 AM
PirateMoe posted...
squalledd posted...
Let's say: Mitey. He loves food that increase Physical Attack stat!

IIRC chocolate ups the physical attack power, not pie.

See.. i forget.. Chocolate it is.. :)

I hope you get my point.

Correction:
Every type of chocolate will increase Physical Attack and Mitey love it. So i was focusing give Mitey all kind of chocolate..
#10TeopcigartPosted 1/17/2013 5:29:11 AM
It sounds like it should be pretty easy to identify what to feed a pet at a glance, then, based on whatever their highest stat is.

Interesting to me that "Magic Attack" and "Special Attack" are two different things.

I have to ask; is there some way to undo food stat gains in the event you don't like the way a familiar turns out?

Like, I don't see much use in giving a guy nothing but +Defense food (even if that is his favorite) and would probably prefer to split point gain between Defense and another stat. But I don't know how bad of an idea that is. I'd hate to ruin a familiar I can't replace (like a DLC one) by giving them foods that aren't ideal for them.
---
PSN Name: PuppetShoJustice
Check out our crappy gaming blog at PuppetShowJustice.com