Just pre-ordered my WE!

#191EgHeadFoolPosted 1/18/2013 5:27:01 PM
Well we're in the same boat. I got mine at 9:58 but I hope they don't screw it up and that I get it in a timely fashion :/
#192curiousfredPosted 1/18/2013 5:30:36 PM
How can they 'work closely with Namco' and scalp Wizard Editions right under their noses? Something seems a bit off there.

But on the other hand, they do seem to have some sort of arrangement as they have over 100...

Bazurk, your story about Play Canada sounds like terrible customer service to me. It almost sounds vindictive, to levy a $25 cancellation fee against you and then not to let you change your mind immediately after. Also seems vindictive the way they felt they had to tell you that Namco oversold in 2 hours and will be canceling preorders.

If it's at all true, at the very least, they should offer to charge you another $25 for the shipping. It would be a $50 lesson on your part, but better than having to pay $230 or whatever it is for it. Lord knows they have made enough profit with their 100% markups to help you out.

However, despite all this, I'm sure your WE will get to you. Hope your dog is okay.
#193ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/18/2013 5:34:40 PM
curiousfred posted...
How can they 'work closely with Namco' and scalp Wizard Editions right under their noses? Something seems a bit off there.

But on the other hand, they do seem to have some sort of arrangement as they have over 100...

Bazurk, your story about Play Canada sounds like terrible customer service to me. It almost sounds vindictive, to levy a $25 cancellation fee against you and then not to let you change your mind immediately after. Also seems vindictive the way they felt they had to tell you that Namco oversold in 2 hours and will be canceling preorders.

If it's at all true, at the very least, they should offer to charge you another $25 for the shipping. It would be a $50 lesson on your part, but better than having to pay $230 or whatever it is for it. Lord knows they have made enough profit with their 100% markups to help you out.

However, despite all this, I'm sure your WE will get to you. Hope your dog is okay.

It's not scalping. They're selling them direct to them D:
#194curiousfredPosted 1/18/2013 6:00:14 PM
Wow, so they are taking advantage of their monopoly of the WE. Capitalism!
#195chakramstrikePosted 1/18/2013 6:26:38 PM
Correction..i had the Wizard's Edition but due to the system goofing up i cannot now get it. i have on my account on the Namco Store that shows the order number, but i cannot get to the payment thing. i picked paypal at work and the computer goofed up so now i will be only getting the SE. kinda bummed about it but not really. i sent an email to Namco (two actually) and they both said to go back in and add the item to the cart again and go through the process again...however the WE is now sold out on the site.

i have to say this is really bad business practice what Namco is doing...i'm not whining in any way i still have a copy of the game at gamestop and so i am getting it either way, just the way they are doing this. i know gamestop used to take preorders on CE of games up until about a week or so of the release...heck even Halo Wars we still took pre-orders on it (when i worked there) up until the day before release and then on release we had extra copies that were from cancelled orders and just extras. either way its all good i just think this kind of stuff is messed up. flame me all you want, say i am whining i am not, as i stated i was going to get the game either way, they just wont be getting as much money from me.
---
GTs: 360 - Chakramstrike; PS3 - yunalesca26
#196curiousfredPosted 1/18/2013 7:45:31 PM
Yeah, I wonder why they couldn't just have GS or Walmart stock the WE and to have to go through the hassle of finding other channels to get it.
#197find no fan tar seaPosted 1/18/2013 8:24:48 PM
curiousfred posted...
Yeah, I wonder why they couldn't just have GS or Walmart stock the WE and to have to go through the hassle of finding other channels to get it.

I know right? they'll sell a lot more copies of the Wiz edition that way!
---
IF you like JRPG or Pokemon, go do youself a favor and play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#198BazurkMCPosted 1/18/2013 8:29:15 PM
curiousfred posted...

I appreciate it. He should be fine, i just have to keep a eye on him the next few days.

I think PlayCanada might be a retailer, seems only logical they would be for them to be able to obtain THAT many copies. Im not sure if theres rules in place for a retailer to sell at X price.

But yeah I told them what I complained to you guys about how theres no way i recieved a cancellation warning email.

At this point I just need to get together the money I can so will probably just send them an email saying dont worry about it.

I couldnt imagine NamcoBandai overselling within the 5 or 6 minutes it took them to send me a confirmation email
---
PSN: Bazurk
#199ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/18/2013 8:39:02 PM
find no fan tar sea posted...
curiousfred posted...

I know right? they'll sell a lot more copies of the Wiz edition that way!

The point is that they didn't have many, btw. :/
#200sanfran2323Posted 1/18/2013 9:00:04 PM
I run a very high end ebay account for my business and have been watching PlayCanada for a while as i pre ordered my copy of the WE back in August/Sept from Namco. (can't remember exact month off the top of my head)

While it is up to the seller to cancel the order and refund the paypal account I have never herd of someone keeping the shipping fee....

We charge no shipping on all our orders and at the time of an order eBay creates an invoice which has no shipping label. Now maybe they use eBay for their shipping but there is no need to "create a label" at the time of the preorder and it just all screams of butthurt on their part.

Obviously they were probably upset Namco opened back the preorders because I am sure it cut into their profits. They are just bulling the eBay system...