Just pre-ordered my WE!

#201BazurkMCPosted 1/18/2013 9:19:44 PM
sanfran2323 posted...
I run a very high end ebay account for my business and have been watching PlayCanada for a while as i pre ordered my copy of the WE back in August/Sept from Namco. (can't remember exact month off the top of my head)

While it is up to the seller to cancel the order and refund the paypal account I have never herd of someone keeping the shipping fee....

We charge no shipping on all our orders and at the time of an order eBay creates an invoice which has no shipping label. Now maybe they use eBay for their shipping but there is no need to "create a label" at the time of the preorder and it just all screams of butthurt on their part.

Obviously they were probably upset Namco opened back the preorders because I am sure it cut into their profits. They are just bulling the eBay system...

sounds about right lol.

I said my peace to them, I only ordered from them cause the way NamcoBandai handled promoting the WE made me believe it wouldnt be availabe since I completely missed out on the NinoStarter campaign.

So I imagine they had the shipping label printed out because I was issued a tracking number the day of the purchase.

It is what it is, as long as NamcoBandai sends me my Wizards Edition ill be fine.

even losing the 25 for shipping in essence I still got money back compared to how I had to overpay versus the NamcoShop price.
---
PSN: Bazurk
#202EgHeadFoolPosted 1/18/2013 9:22:24 PM
The shipping money is just a rip-off; there is no justification. At my last job we shipped all kinds of stuff constantly using UPS WorldShip (including selling on ebay) and you don't get charged for printing a shipping label. You get charged for shipping things. We printed all kinds of labels that got cancelled or didn't go out or got redone, and never got charged for them. They are just butthurt like you said.
#203sanfran2323Posted 1/18/2013 9:30:32 PM
Ah, if they gave you a tracking number it makes sense then.

But still, until ups/fedex scans the label i am pretty sure they pay nothing... and can just tear it up (at least in our system, but who knows what they use)

At least they refunded your money.
#204EgHeadFoolPosted 1/18/2013 9:42:10 PM
sanfran2323 posted...
Ah, if they gave you a tracking number it makes sense then.

But still, until ups/fedex scans the label i am pretty sure they pay nothing... and can just tear it up (at least in our system, but who knows what they use)

At least they refunded your money.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. The tracking number pops out as soon as you create a label. But they don't charge you just for printing labels lol.
#205ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/18/2013 9:46:31 PM
EgHeadFool posted...
The shipping money is just a rip-off; there is no justification. At my last job we shipped all kinds of stuff constantly using UPS WorldShip (including selling on ebay) and you don't get charged for printing a shipping label. You get charged for shipping things. We printed all kinds of labels that got cancelled or didn't go out or got redone, and never got charged for them. They are just butthurt like you said.

Actually, when I print the shipping label from eBay, even for advance orders or w/e, I pay for it just before printing. :( Maybe that's the situation for this?
#206EgHeadFoolPosted 1/18/2013 9:47:28 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
Actually, when I print the shipping label from eBay, even for advance orders or w/e, I pay for it just before printing. :( Maybe that's the situation for this?

Do you have an account with UPS? Do you use their shipping program? Because that's what any sensible store that ships in large volume does... I don't know what happens if you ask eBay to do it for you.
#207ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/18/2013 9:48:21 PM
EgHeadFool posted...
ZEOPOWER6 posted...

Do you have an account with UPS? Do you use their shipping program? Because that's what any sensible store that ships in large volume does... I don't know what happens if you ask eBay to do it for you.

No, since I don't have a store, I just pay for the labels individually since I can't list all that much at once. :/
#208sanfran2323Posted 1/18/2013 9:50:54 PM
We print our own labels. We have a UPS account number and a Fedex number. Until the driver scans the ticket, it is not billed. (we are large enough to have daily ups/fedex pickups)

However, if you cant produce your own labels and are paying for someone else to do it (ebay for example) then yeah they may have to pay for it at the time of printing.
#209EgHeadFoolPosted 1/18/2013 9:54:12 PM
sanfran2323 posted...
We print our own labels. We have a UPS account number and a Fedex number. Until the driver scans the ticket, it is not billed. (we are large enough to have daily ups/fedex pickups)

However, if you cant produce your own labels and are paying for someone else to do it (ebay for example) then yeah they may have to pay for it at the time of printing.

Yeah. Well, with the kind of volume Play Canada gets (look at their monthly stats) as well as on their actual online store, I would expect them to do it the sensible way.
#210BazurkMCPosted 1/18/2013 10:07:14 PM
EgHeadFool posted...
sanfran2323 posted...

Yeah. Well, with the kind of volume Play Canada gets (look at their monthly stats) as well as on their actual online store, I would expect them to do it the sensible way.

your in the same boat as me right?

Cancelled a PlayCanada order and hoping NamcoBandai doesnt drop the ball on your preorder?

Did you order in the first few minutes like me?

I would find it pretty hard to believe that we dont end up with our copies. Would be an epic business fail for them to magically oversell in a few minutes and keep selling for 3 hours lol
---
PSN: Bazurk