Bye bye WE preorder?

#21lanifPosted 1/17/2013 4:05:58 PM
yeah tc what more important a collector's edition of a game or your wonderful life think about what more important game life game life? you will never have a real credit card with the way you seem to impulse buy things i sense that is why you go for the prepaid
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#22finalremix7Posted 1/17/2013 4:07:11 PM
Kind of in a similar situation as you TC, took a family member's card without asking and pre-ordered the Wizard's Edition. Now I'm waiting for the package to come and the yelling to start. Fun -_-
#23Storm83Posted 1/17/2013 4:13:00 PM(edited)
DarkSoldierX99 posted...
To all the haters and apparent saints who never do anything wrong, all your rude comments come across as "ha ha I have the WE and you don't all I want to do is rub your face in it while I hide behind my keyboard." I expect this kind of personal attack on the CoD forums, but this is by fellow hardcore jrpg collecters, what a sad day and age we live in. Honestly you mean to tell me that not one of you "angels" wouldn't have tried to do what he did? I would have no hesitation and I would know that there is a level of trust and understanding between me and THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD that I could borrow $100 for what like 2 hours.

To answer your assumption, no I wouldnt have done it. He had admitted he pretty much found out about it last night meaning he could have asked last night, or this morning. So again to answer your question with my personal answer, no. I am not an angel either as NONE of us are. Long story short, im not rubbing it in at all. I feel bad he didnt get one and feel bad for any other fan that didnt get one. Im already trying to help someone out in Europe who couldnt get a steelbook so the last thing I am is a jerk about all this. I know you are not personally calling me out im just saying though in general. Anyways I hope he can keep it and also show her that he was wrong and not just say it as words are cheap and sometimes mean nothing.

I do agree though like I said with him to a certain point. I can see why shes mad, but I would certainly not see why she would be willing to call the credit card company and cancel it. Thats just straight up not cool.
#24Mr_GenocidePosted 1/17/2013 4:12:32 PM
I think you guys are being a little too hard on him...There's no need for that. IMO (remember, IMO) When you're in a relationship with someone for that long and on good terms with each other, there's things that you should let your partner do that NOBODY else should be allowed to do.

I guess it would also help if she was a gamer herself, she'd be able to understand the situation better.

I have done this exact same thing in the past more than once and my gf definitely did not react like that and instead got all excited about the CE extras (She is an aspiring character designer so she LOVES those art books, figures and other goodies). There was even a time where she only took half the cash I gave her as long as she gets to keep the art book lol.

With that said, I'd allow her do the same if she found herself in the same situation. There's really nothing wrong with it.
---
PSN: Genocidic
Rap = Crap. Metal ----> Rap any day.
#25finalremix7Posted 1/17/2013 4:12:44 PM
EDIT: Impulse pre-ordered six months ago, tried to cancel for a week and failed miserably.
"We have received your request to cancel shipment of your order;
unfortunately we were unable to do so. Namco Bandai has a "no
cancellation policy" and no changes were able to be made. "
This is why I hate impulse buying. -_-
#26docman864Posted 1/17/2013 4:14:11 PM
@DarkSoldierX99

we all have done something wrong, but wrong is wrong. i wouldn't even be discussing this with TC if I didn't do anything wrong in the past. Then it comes down to, is it really worth the trouble? It's really more of a reminder, but a serious one at that. If you are not told, then deep down is going to tell you is ok to do it again. Trust doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#27BurgerTime79Posted 1/17/2013 4:14:31 PM
DarkSoldierX99 posted...
To all the haters and apparent saints who never do anything wrong, all your rude comments come across as "ha ha I have the WE and you don't all I want to do is rub your face in it while I hide behind my keyboard." I expect this kind of personal attack on the CoD forums, but this is by fellow hardcore jrpg collecters, what a sad day and age we live in. Honestly you mean to tell me that not one of you "angels" wouldn't have tried to do what he did? I would have no hesitation and I would know that there is a level of trust and understanding between me and THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD that I could borrow $100 for what like 2 hours.

Calm yourself down. We know you're angry at the fact that you're not getting the WE yourself, so you feel it's your duty to go after people and "protect" others in your situation.

No one's hating, and no one is being saints who have never done anything wrong. It's called taking responsibility for your actions and understanding why someone would object to your actions. He took her credit card without her permission and she didn't like that. If he had asked ahead of time, this whole situation would have turned out very different, and he'd likely be getting his game. Yes, I would have tried to do what he did. My wife would have understood, considering she shares the same interests as me and wants this game as much as I do. How about you (and the TC) try and understand her side of the situation.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#28Spike21Posted 1/17/2013 4:17:15 PM
Sounds like she doesn't support your gaming hobby. Thinks it's a waste of money in general?

I'm just guessing, because I don't understand her reaction, when you gave her the cash. She can just take the cash and put it right back on the card.

If it was something you really wanted and it would make you happy, she should have been ok with it, maybe a little miffed about using the card without asking, but cancelling the payment with Visa is NOT cool for a GF of 3 years and the mother of your child.

You gave her the cash. It cost her nothing. If she loved you she should have smiled and said "sure no problem". Get out while you still can.
---
3DS FC - 2191-7909-4186
Serenity now, insanity later.
#29zeik56Posted 1/17/2013 4:20:43 PM(edited)
DarkSoldierX99 posted...

Whether one would or would not do it doesn't actually make it less wrong to do. Using someone else's credit card without permission is a pretty big violation of trust, even if it's a family member, unless you are certain it is okay. If it was an emergency it would be understandable, but c'mon, it's a video game.

There's far worse things you can do in a relationship than this obviously, and hopefully they work it out, but her being mad about it is certainly reasonable. I actually was in a similar position when I ordered the WE. Time was running out and I didn't have enough money on my debit card to order it, so I had to ask to use someone else's. I would never have just used it without permission, even if I did have the money on hand.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#30DarkSoldierX99Posted 1/17/2013 4:22:57 PM
Storm83 posted...
DarkSoldierX99 posted...

To answer your assumption, no I wouldnt have done it. He had admitted he pretty much found out about it last night meaning he could have asked last night, or this morning. So again to answer your question with my personal answer, no. I am not an angel either as NONE of us are. Long story short, im not rubbing it in at all. I feel bad he didnt get one and feel bad for any other fan that didnt get one. Im already trying to help someone out in Europe who couldnt get a steelbook so the last thing I am is a jerk about all this. I know you are not personally calling me out im just saying though in general. Anyways I hope he can keep it and also show her that he was wrong and not just say it as words are cheap and sometimes mean nothing.

I do agree though like I said with him to a certain point. I can see why shes mad, but I would certainly not see why she would be willing to call the credit card company and cancel it. Thats just straight up not cool.

Wow thank you for that (no sarcasm). You took the time to explain yourself quite thoroughly I appriciate that especially on a board that enjoys making others feel bad.
---
Gas, grass, or ass nobody rides free.