Bye bye WE preorder?

#31docman864Posted 1/17/2013 5:24:45 PM(edited)
I even used my example when my brother used my card w/o permission to buy a videogame and we're both gamers. He told me the following day he bought something with my card. I know ICO is a good game, but when ever I play that game I felt like ****. I actually sold the game later to get "my money" back and that helped alleviate the matter. What did I do afterwards? I went back and bought the HD Collection at my own will and gave it to my bro as a gift because he loved the game so much.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#32BurgerTime79Posted 1/17/2013 5:23:41 PM
Spike21 posted...
Sounds like she doesn't support your gaming hobby. Thinks it's a waste of money in general?

I'm just guessing, because I don't understand her reaction, when you gave her the cash. She can just take the cash and put it right back on the card.

If it was something you really wanted and it would make you happy, she should have been ok with it, maybe a little miffed about using the card without asking, but cancelling the payment with Visa is NOT cool for a GF of 3 years and the mother of your child.

You gave her the cash. It cost her nothing. If she loved you she should have smiled and said "sure no problem". Get out while you still can.

It's the principal of the situation. We're also getting one side of the story, on top of not knowing the TC's personal life. For all we know her cards are off limits to him, he can't get a credit card himself, and that's why he uses pre-paid cards. Wouldn't matter if he handed her the cash after the fact. He would have still used her card without permission.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#33Storm83Posted 1/17/2013 5:26:10 PM
TC please let us know how it works out. I hope everything is cool bud. Also as mentioned its a game at the end of the day and so its not the end of the world. Seriously. You can always buy it, even though for a bit more, in the future. There will be people selling it new and so dont stress it. Take care of her first and explain. If everything between you two is cool the rest will fall into place.

I have Gi Joes sealed from 1983 that people are looking for. AFA graded and MOC. Everything for the most part still exists and like I said wether she cancels it or not just learn that it gets people upset and understand she in a sense feels disrespected, regardless if you handed her the cash or not. Thats just my opinion and i hope it works out. I also hope some people who really had their heart set on it can get one off one of the members here who were able to get more than one. I rather see it go to them even for a bit more money then to someone off eBay since we all like to come here and talk about this game as well as others.
#34finalremix7Posted 1/17/2013 5:32:59 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Spike21 posted...
Sounds like she doesn't support your gaming hobby. Thinks it's a waste of money in general?

I'm just guessing, because I don't understand her reaction, when you gave her the cash. She can just take the cash and put it right back on the card.

If it was something you really wanted and it would make you happy, she should have been ok with it, maybe a little miffed about using the card without asking, but cancelling the payment with Visa is NOT cool for a GF of 3 years and the mother of your child.

You gave her the cash. It cost her nothing. If she loved you she should have smiled and said "sure no problem". Get out while you still can.

It's the principal of the situation. We're also getting one side of the story, on top of not knowing the TC's personal life. For all we know her cards are off limits to him, he can't get a credit card himself, and that's why he uses pre-paid cards. Wouldn't matter if he handed her the cash after the fact. He would have still used her card without permission.

We also don't know how he got the credit card if its "off-limits" to him. You should have said that you would cancel the order TC after you found out the she was gonna cancel it, maybe it would have helped alleviate the situation.
i.e"Person A taking responsibility for what Person A did by canceling an order that was bought by using a card that does not legally belong to Person A.
#35TPerryoo7Posted 1/17/2013 5:36:55 PM
Mr_Genocide posted...
I think you guys are being a little too hard on him...There's no need for that. IMO (remember, IMO) When you're in a relationship with someone for that long and on good terms with each other, there's things that you should let your partner do that NOBODY else should be allowed to do.

I guess it would also help if she was a gamer herself, she'd be able to understand the situation better.

I have done this exact same thing in the past more than once and my gf definitely did not react like that and instead got all excited about the CE extras (She is an aspiring character designer so she LOVES those art books, figures and other goodies). There was even a time where she only took half the cash I gave her as long as she gets to keep the art book lol.

With that said, I'd allow her do the same if she found herself in the same situation. There's really nothing wrong with it.

Indeed, same. I think the real crime here is having a kid with a woman who doesn't understand this kind of situation. I have my own bank account hooked up to my girlfriends credit card and I can use it if i need to, I will just pay off what I take, its not hard when you have a level of trust. Plus I sometimes just pay her balance off just to be nice, etc. If your GF is mad at you, like seriously mad, not just "hey why did you do that" mad, More ilke slap you in the face mad, then your in a bad situation!

I guess not many girls are as chill as men lol, they are extremely hard to find but its worth waiting and finding the right one that digs on the same kinda stuff and is cool with getting 100-200 dollar video games haha (because they would themselves!)
#36Spike21Posted 1/17/2013 5:42:36 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
Spike21 posted...

Her cards shouldn't be off limits to him, if he can provide the cash she should let him use her cards instead of treating him like child. I'm married with 2 kids, if my wife did that to me there'd be serious issues in our marriage. She can use my cards, I can use hers. And I use them without asking her. She can use mine without asking me. It's called being in a trusting relationship.

He didn't spend her money gambling and say "sorry babe!". He just bought a limited edition game, then gave her the money for it.

The only way I would see this as being a justified is if they needed the money for rent/baby food, etc.
---
3DS FC - 2191-7909-4186
Serenity now, insanity later.
#37JzkBoxerPosted 1/17/2013 5:46:41 PM
I don't mean to sound mean but, you're an adult, in a three year relationship, with a child, and you don't have a debit or credit card to your name? Seriously, are you a drug dealer or something?
#38MAUIBOI_808Posted 1/17/2013 5:46:47 PM
haha I have the Wizard Edition preordered and you don't!
http://www.banyanbranch.com/social-blog/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/haha1.gif

I most likely would not have done what TC. Depending on the situation, say if money was tight around the house, I would have gone with a standard edition. however financial status is not really the main factor it seems, the reason I'm assuming she went crazy is because you used her card without asking. She prob is over-thinking it and may start accusing you of using her card other things without her consent.

You should have at least called her and let her know before hand. Or say it was an emergency and lie about the item.

I would suggest you buy her a gift tomorrow morning. possibly her favorite flowers and a box of chocolate with starbucks coffee (if she's a coffee drinker) and ask her forgiveness
#39Wiseman4545Posted 1/17/2013 5:49:59 PM(edited)
Spike21 posted...
Her cards shouldn't be off limits to him, if he can provide the cash she should let him use her cards instead of treating him like child. I'm married with 2 kids, if my wife did that to me there'd be serious issues in our marriage. She can use my cards, I can use hers. And I use them without asking her. She can use mine without asking me. It's called being in a trusting relationship.

It's pretty presumptive to assume your relationship is identical to everyone else's.

Although I think this whole conversation has gotten way too presumptive and personal. None of you should be making such wide sweeping claims about how a relationship "should" work just over a brief anecdote.
---
Cheesecake~
#40JzkBoxerPosted 1/17/2013 5:56:09 PM
Imagine her position. You've been with a guy for 3 years, you have a child with him. He's a student (probably not Harvard, but aside from that), he doesn't have enough money and/or the means to have a credit or debit card, and is clearly more concerned with buying a video game than respecting your property and finances.

I won't say what I think of the op based solely off of this thread, but if I had to guess, I doubt this is the first juvenile and disrespectful thing he's done, and her reaction is based off of a mountain of similar experiences.