Bye bye WE preorder?

#41DarcKagePosted 1/17/2013 4:59:04 PM
Well, this whole thing escalated quickly.

And thank god for Paypal.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Graces F, League of Legends, Dota 2, Dark Souls
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Awakening
#42Storm83Posted 1/17/2013 5:04:48 PM(edited)
Bottom line...it was premeditated. He said he found out at 10pm and all the stores were closed. Well, his gf's ears werent closed at 10 were they? He should have asked, bottom line. Since he didnt, look how it backfired on him.... and yes I do still hope he gets it and just learns its the principle. Its a double edged sword and almost comes across as a slap in the face even if he was like "heres the money" since it comes across as there will be no repercussions. Im done, now back to some posts to talk about this game ( = good luck TC.
#43Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 5:11:16 PM
JzkBoxer posted...
I don't mean to sound mean but, you're an adult, in a three year relationship, with a child, and you don't have a debit or credit card to your name? Seriously, are you a drug dealer or something?

I have a debit card, but I've never been able to buy online with it. Maybe it has something to do with me living in Canada? I might have tried to do it once, but it was complicated and just decided to go with prepaid cards.

I pay everything I need to pay for the house, food, bills and primary needs before thinking about buying stuff for myself, she just doesn't like me spending my extra money on video games, nor does she like me playing them. I understand it wasn't the right thing to do, but we all know that the WE edition will be rare and pricey in the future and video games are my only hobby really (I like to collect them), so I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on it. I also didn't know how long I'd have to get one, so I expected the worst and tried to buy it as fast as I could. Still, after living together for three years and knowing each other even before that, I'd expect it to be alright to do so, with or without consent. She could of let it go for this one and only time, instead of directly cancelling s*** and being so pissed off at me.
#443D3Posted 1/17/2013 5:12:58 PM
Nice
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#45Spike21Posted 1/17/2013 5:59:45 PM
Eternal_Dream21 posted...
JzkBoxer posted...
I don't mean to sound mean but, you're an adult, in a three year relationship, with a child, and you don't have a debit or credit card to your name? Seriously, are you a drug dealer or something?

I have a debit card, but I've never been able to buy online with it. Maybe it has something to do with me living in Canada? I might have tried to do it once, but it was complicated and just decided to go with prepaid cards.

I pay everything I need to pay for the house, food, bills and primary needs before thinking about buying stuff for myself, she just doesn't like me spending my extra money on video games, nor does she like me playing them. I understand it wasn't the right thing to do, but we all know that the WE edition will be rare and pricey in the future and video games are my only hobby really (I like to collect them), so I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on it. I also didn't know how long I'd have to get one, so I expected the worst and tried to buy it as fast as I could. Still, after living together for three years and knowing each other even before that, I'd expect it to be alright to do so, with or without consent. She could of let it go for this one and only time, instead of directly cancelling s*** and being so pissed off at me.

I knew it. She doesn't like the video game hobby. I've been there TC, and it's rough. Best I can suggest is forget about the WE, it's too late now if she's cancelled the purchase. Pick up the regular edition and enjoy (when you can :P)

If she hasn't actually called Visa yet, just wait and give her time to cool down. Maybe she'll change her mind.
---
3DS FC - 2191-7909-4186
Serenity now, insanity later.
#46ZEOPOWER6Posted 1/17/2013 6:00:19 PM
Dude wtf.
#47TPerryoo7Posted 1/17/2013 6:09:42 PM
JzkBoxer posted...

Yea indeed. What Spike said. Im sure she's ....nice.... but if she doesn't support your hobbies fully and or like video games then she can GTFO as far as I'm concerned haha.

But I feel your pain, hopefully you can still get the game, Im not able to get the WE edition either and I want it just as bad, theres tons of us ho missed out, Im hoping it will be available through amazon later by a third party or not sky rocket in price over the next 2 months or so, so i can pick it up from someone other than directly from Namco.
#48Supa_SPosted 1/17/2013 6:38:23 PM
So, today I was lucky enough to get myself a preorder on Namco's site. I don't have a credit card, so I took my girlfriend's one without telling her. Now I just got home from school and told her I did so with the cash in my hands. Now she's pissed as hell and will call Visa to cancel the purchase. I mean we have been together for three years, have a kid together and she won't even let me explain? Man, I'm pissed off right now...

In order to get her CC, did you open her purse?

As a lady, I'm telling you right now, the purse is off limits.
#49Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:00:52 PM
DarcKage posted...
And thank god for Paypal.

Why? What's up with Paypal?
#50Storm83Posted 1/17/2013 7:20:55 PM
She actually went and cancelled it!? If so sorry to hear that )= You sound like you do a lot for her, bills etc. Sorry to hear that. If she did I hope you find it again in the very near future and get one.