so game informer came today and gave it a 7.. DMC got a 9

#1Keybored123Posted 1/17/2013 5:39:00 PM
then I saw the Ni No Kuni review was written by a woman who said it was too frustrating

and I canceled my game informer subscription
#2zeik56Posted 1/17/2013 5:39:32 PM
It took you this long?
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#3PirateMoePosted 1/17/2013 5:42:56 PM
Were the reviews written by the same person?

Also, couldn't this be discussed in the reviews thread, or one of the three threads about the Game Informer review?
#4MAUIBOI_808Posted 1/17/2013 5:45:51 PM
too frustrating for a 'kiddy' game??
#5Aposter26Posted 1/17/2013 5:46:33 PM
Honestly I don't care much about reviews. I've talked to people who've played the JP version and loved every minute of this game. Those are the only reviews I care about, people i know, who have similar rpg tastes as I do. Nobody should be deterred from this game because of a review.
#6abdouPosted 1/17/2013 5:52:10 PM
That's the thing with "professional" reviewers, sometimes you have so little in common with the reviewer it's hard to take their review into consideration

giving it a low score because it's challenging, is just ridiculous.
---
#7Capitan_KidPosted 1/17/2013 5:52:11 PM
It's pretty pathetic to cancel a subscription over someone's opinion. You also put an unusual emphasis on the reviewer being a woman.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#8FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 5:58:07 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
It's pretty pathetic to cancel a subscription over someone's opinion. You also put an unusual emphasis on the reviewer being a woman.

Listen "Kid", DMC is a steaming pile whilst it's creator spouts it off as "art" also creating what i think is the most absurd video game journalism scandal/ event to ever plague the industry.

While this game, releasing a few weeks later, is just. Majestic and vividly magical to every sense i can use with it.

It's disgusting. It truly is.
#9OmegaDL50Posted 1/17/2013 6:06:25 PM(edited)
MAUIBOI_808 posted...
too frustrating for a 'kiddy' game??

Since when how a game "looks" was a indicator of how it "plays" in regards to difficulty.

Yes, Pokemon can based on it's looks to be for children too, but there isn't many "children" I know that are even capable of beating one of those games let alone the Elite 4.

So much for appearances.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#10PirateMoePosted 1/17/2013 6:06:01 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...

Listen "Kid", DMC is a steaming pile whilst it's creator spouts it off as "art" also creating what i think is the most absurd video game journalism scandal/ event to ever plague the industry.

While this game, releasing a few weeks later, is just. Majestic and vividly magical to every sense i can use with it.

It's disgusting. It truly is.

Can I borrow some of your melodrama?