so game informer came today and gave it a 7.. DMC got a 9

#31Virtue777Posted 1/17/2013 7:55:55 PM
DmC is surprisingly really good. I'm not trolling this time, I actually really like the game. It's about as good as DMC and DMC3, and way better than DMC4 and DMC2. I went into it expecting to hate it and was pleasantly surprised.

Also, all those YouTube clips of the bad voice acting and awkward dialogue...it's always taken really out of context. When you're actually playing the game, it's not nearly as weird and awkward. Dante has a completely different personality, but it's not nearly as bad as the clips make it out to be.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#32Virtue777Posted 1/17/2013 7:57:54 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
Well I don't care much for DmC. I honestly didn't like it when the lead designer intentionally put a insulting jab in directed to prior previous DMC fans. That just speaks a lack of professionalism.

It's one thing to be a developer to make a game, it's something entirely else to piss off the fan base you are selling your product to, it's just in poor taste.

You probably just watched that clip online. It's taken completely out of context. If you actually play the game, Ninja Theory pays homage to the original DMC multiple times. I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say that...if you actually play DmC, you see that Ninja Theory has a lot of respect for the original series.
---
#33ScholarshipPosted 1/17/2013 8:02:29 PM
FAT____MAN posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
FAT____MAN posted...
OmegaDL50 posted...
The Kane and Lynch thing from Gamespot was a scandal.

One person's opinion thinking Ni no Kuni was a 7 where everyone else is giving it 8's and 9's. Not so much.

Lets not make gross exaggerations.

I'm not so much complaining about the 7, in fact that's expected, so much as it's scored compared to DMC itself.

You're comparing two different games in two different genres with two different reviewers.

No. I am comparing two video games.

So if 2 people get a job as a reviewer for the same magazine, does that mean that they should automatically, from there on out, share the same views on things? As in, the same person who gave this game a 7 believes that dmc deserves a 9, and vice versa?

Oh, and to the people making jokes about women, grow up. As much as your sexist mind doesn't want to believe so, women can have opinions about games too.
#34FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 8:03:09 PM
Virtue777 posted...
DmC is surprisingly really good. I'm not trolling this time, I actually really like the game. It's about as good as DMC and DMC3, and way better than DMC4 and DMC2. I went into it expecting to hate it and was pleasantly surprised.

Also, all those YouTube clips of the bad voice acting and awkward dialogue...it's always taken really out of context. When you're actually playing the game, it's not nearly as weird and awkward. Dante has a completely different personality, but it's not nearly as bad as the clips make it out to be.

1. Don't talk about this here please

2. "DmC is surprisingly really good. I'm not trolling this time,"
This is your first post here... did you copy and paste this message.
#35PirateMoePosted 1/17/2013 8:06:37 PM
FAT____MAN posted...

It's not his first post here. He's been trolling hard for at least a week. One of his previous posts was "This is my favorite board to troll."
#36FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 8:09:20 PM
Scholarship posted...

So if 2 people get a job as a reviewer for the same magazine, does that mean that they should automatically, from there on out, share the same views on things? As in, the same person who gave this game a 7 believes that dmc deserves a 9, and vice versa?

There in lies the flaws of professional game reviews. One person's opinion is NOTHING to decide on. BUT! There are people that do, and a 7! of all numbers is looked down on these days for some absurd reason. If a random looker by sees the reviews and big ol' shining Game of the Month 9 DMC is going to attract more attention.

It's just disappointing to me is all, and im just complaining honestly. What's done is done, and i can't change that.
#37FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 8:09:56 PM
PirateMoe posted...
FAT____MAN posted...

It's not his first post here. He's been trolling hard for at least a week. One of his previous posts was "This is my favorite board to troll."

That is a bit sad.
#38Virtue777Posted 1/17/2013 8:09:58 PM
I think I have like 50 active posts on this board lol.

Sorry that you're mad critics and players alike enjoy DmC, "Fat____Man."
---
#39FAT____MANPosted 1/17/2013 8:11:00 PM
Virtue777 posted...
I think I have like 50 active posts on this board lol.

Sorry that you're mad critics and players alike enjoy DmC, "Fat____Man."

People are free to enjoy what they like. I enjoyed the combat of the demo personally.
#40Myst-VearnPosted 1/17/2013 8:11:43 PM
hey guyz

how about you all like shut the hell up

cheers
---
PSN: methedemon GT: methedemon